Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Dock Drains Battery Like a Mofo!

Hey guys,

Third night having a play around with my new Transformer and I have noticed the Keyboard dock really drains the battery, even when the device is turned off! I unfortunately discovered this when it came time to use it this morning on the bus and it wouldn't turn off!

Apparently there is a software bug that causes this, so I'm basically wondering what is the fix when or how can I get it?

Thanks in advance

Stu

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    ASUS just announced today that there is an issue with the Dock. I am not sure if it is software, hardware or firmware fix. For now, you have 2 options...RMA your dock to ASUS, or just undock the two when not in use and it will save the battery life on the dock.

ASUS promises fix for Eee Pad Transformer power drain, keeps the apologies coming -- Engadget

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Once again Frederuco you're there within 10 minutes of posting with a decent and extremely helpful answer! Thanks a millions

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ya it seems i'm having the same problem... and that update, whatever it was other than a cool looking android guy with moving gears didn't do a thing. On another note, does anyone eleses keyboard have major lag when typing?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vwrudy View Post
    ya it seems i'm having the same problem... and that update, whatever it was other than a cool looking android guy with moving gears didn't do a thing. On another note, does anyone eleses keyboard have major lag when typing?
    Typing lag is pretty bad in the stock Browser. Check out some other browsers like Dolphin HD or Opera Mobile. These are both fully capable browsers. If you are looking for a small quick browser, check out Opera Mini (which will appear with mobile sites and can't do Flash)

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

krd
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So ...I just took mine out of the box...it's been charging a couple of hours...about 60% there at the moment. I was so excited about the beautiful dock and keyboard to go with but I can get the dock to open up to where I can attach the tablet. I am the first to admit I'm a huge tech tard (my son's name for my ailment) but I tried pushing the little silver lever at the back of the dock to see if that would unlock and make it sit up straight, didn't work. Looked for some sort of power button. Anyone have a clue what I might be doing wrong? In the photo's I've seen the dock appear up and open on mine it's down and closed ....like a closed laptop would look...if the tablet were in it that is. Can you picture what I'm saying and give me hint?

Kristine

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Since your keyboard is brand new the part that you are trying to fold out is stiff. it will start to lossen up as you use it. When i first got my transformer it felt like i was going to break it when I unfolded the flap on the dock. Then when i went to insert the tablet into the dock I thought agaiin i was going to break it. It's just a matter of seeting the tablet properly in the dock then pushing firmly down til the little grey slider locks into place to the right. It'll get easier as the latch losens up after docking and undocking a few times.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the browser info Frederuco! Using dolphin now and it seems way better, though I am going to miss the stock browser widget for the bookmarks. I got the addon for the bookmark widget for dolphn but not as nice. it works but again not as pretty! This is my first time ever joining a forum so thanks for making it cool so far!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links