Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tablet shuts off right after you boot it. boot loop ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Tablet shuts off right after you boot it. boot loop ?

pls move if i posted in the wrong place i wasn't sure.

Well, Im not sure if you could call it a full blown boot loop because it doesnt do it over and over on its own. Once you try to turn it on it will show the "Eee Pad" logo for about 2,3 maybe 4 seconds and then shuts off or goes blank and stays that way untill you do it again. I am not aware of the history of this tablet yet so im not sure if this happened from a update or what. What i do know is that no matter what i try to do it shuts back off. When i do the "Hold down Power and - Vol" it will let me make it all the way to the "Wipe Data" and "Android" screen. it will allow me to select "Wipe Data" but once i click the Vol + to confirm it just shuts off. in fact it shuts down even if i select "android" or if i cancel. I have tried every option under these methods including ones i have not mentioned but im sure you know them all by heart. they all lead to the same result. my opinion is that somethings gone wrong in the bootcfg (sorry use to windows, i dont know *edit* ​about these tablets). as far as the charger goes i have left it plugged into the wall AND into the PC via USB for hours at a time but that has not seemed to help a bit. i have even read guides on making sure the charger is ok but unless im wrong about the behavior of tablets it doesnt seem to be a batt issue. (again, i know as much about these as i do a goat in the hymilayas). also i may mention that when plugged into the pc usb the pc doesnt detect anything. i did notice last night when i had it plugged into my laptop that it did infact detect it but failed to "work properly" but i havnt seen this any on the pc i am using now. so on the other hand... but as i said before, wth do i know.. Gents, what are my options ? thank you.
    Last edited by Swipe; 08-20-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    13 times
    Sounds like a trip to Asus may be the next step. Will it power down completely and stay off?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    It sounds to me like you got the tablet second hand. Try this and let us know the results.

Hold Volume down and Power, once you see the white lettering hit volume up within 5 seconds. If you get an android on his back with an exclamation mark over him, the tablet is still stock, if you get a menu, you have a custom recovery that you can use to flash official or custom firmware with. Let us know what happens and we can get you running.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Im not sure if it powers down completely. from my experience with tablets i never really can tell because most of the ones i've seen dont have power lights to indicate it as this one doesnt also. so to your question im guessing it does shut all the way down but i dunno, it really gives me the feeling that something is blocking the boot. for example, when you try to start it normal it just powers on and shows the logo for about 2,3,4 seconds and shuts down but if i actually try to go into the hard reset or other it will stay on untill i give it a command to do something such as boot into a reset. which tells me that its not a short in the mobo or it would power off in 2,3,4 seconds no matter what i did even in a hard reset. it just wont boot into ANYTHING period. i can turn it on hard reset and it WILL stay on and hang untill i "click" on something or when it automaticly chooses on its own if i dont choose in a matter of time. sorry if what i say sounds repetitive im multi tasking at the moment and i suck at it!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry BF, i must have been typing that reply while you posted. ok so i hold down power and Vol - and it mentions something about "RCK" and the very top in small letters. soon as i let go of power and vol- it switches to another screen which gives me the "Wipe Data" or "Android" options. if i dont select either one within a matter of seconds it cold boots at lest i think thats what it says it will do. no matter if i select wipe data or android it just shuts off, same result if i dont select either and it tries to cold boot.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    You need to press the volume up button as soon as you see the white lettering to enter RCK (recovery kernel).
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    i did and i got "Booting Recovery Kernel Image" then immediately shuts down

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    hmmm, that doesn't sound good at all. I would try NVFlash to see if you can get it to install the firmware. Sounds like it got totally wiped somehow...

Check this LINK out and report back if it worked or not.
    MaylonTRD likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfmetcalf View Post
    hmmm, that doesn't sound good at all. I would try NVFlash to see if you can get it to install the firmware. Sounds like it got totally wiped somehow...

Check this LINK out and report back if it worked or not.
    followed instructions again. drivers installed correctly then ran the batch file, the tablet lights up with a completely black screen with the words Entering NVflash recovery mode NV3P Server Chip Uid blah blah while a cmd window on the pc opens saying formatting partition several times and sending files and such and finaly after a moment it mentions the blob.app being sent and it stays like that for about 30 seconds untill the Eee Pad logo pops up and the pad shuts off.

Mission Failed

BTW.. was just sitting here in the dark just looking over this tablet debating if i should throw it aginst the north wall or east wall and noticed that there is a cut on the cable where it goes right into the head of the end that plugs into the pad itself and i havnt noticed untill now due to the close lighting from my monitor. Could it be ? would hate to drop any $ into this on a whiiim if ya get what i mean.
    Last edited by overmyhead; 08-21-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I'm moving this the tf101 help

How old is your tf101? If it is under warranty, RMA it. If not, a cheapish cable might be a good investment. If you bought it used, then the price you paid will determine whether it is worth spending time &/or money on it...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links