Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

TF101 won't charge.

My tf101 stopped charging, I held the power the power button for 20 around and that fixed it last time but it didn't work this time, the charger looks fine, it just wont show the charge icon. Is this a problem with the charger or the tablet? I am using a almost new khomo charger and it worked fine before dont know if thats the problem.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    486 times
    Have a look at this thread...LINK

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Have a rip through this: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...arge-boot.html

Does the Khomo charger output 15 VDC? If not, it will only charge slowly. Very few devices can charge the Eee Pad using the standard 15 VDC @ 1.2 Amps.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    hi I myself have also just encountered the no charged problem.
    But it does seem that my tablet does recognise the charger is there:

When I connect the charger, it makes the tablet turn on, but not actually charge.
    Can anyone confirm if this symptom fits with the known issues.

(I tried bending the pins but it made no difference, and I really dont think it's the problem as I said, the charger does make the tablet turn on)

VERY dissapoint ASUS. I have now a defective keyboard/dock which i could never use straight out of the box due to faulty connector pins. Sent back to ASUS for repair and they said it was repaired but it came back unfixed, in the exact same state. Now this.

If this doesnt have a resolution what a HUGE WASTE of money.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    That is quite strange. Might be worth it to take your tablet to a store and try it out on one of the units on the floor to see if their charger works with yours and yours with theirs.

If you are based in the US, send a PM to ASUS_USA who works for Asus and is available on our forum to assist when something is not right.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    That is quite strange. Might be worth it to take your tablet to a store and try it out on one of the units on the floor to see if their charger works with yours and yours with theirs.

If you are based in the US, send a PM to ASUS_USA who works for Asus and is available on our forum to assist when something is not right.
    Thanks for the suggestion, However not in USA - Australian here.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    8 times

Re: TF101 won't charge.

Where about in Australia, I am in Brisbane, Southside if you are nearby perhaps we could meet up as I have both a TF101& a TF300T so could test out the power supply.

Bill

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac_au View Post
    Where about in Australia, I am in Brisbane, Southside if you are nearby perhaps we could meet up as I have both a TF101& a TF300T so could test out the power supply.

Bill

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    hi bill,
    thanks mate for the offer, but im country SA, so a bit far away.

I do have an update though, and id really appreciate any feedback
    Today I thought to myself, 'if i can actually fix my dock, maybe i can see if it will charge through that.' So I started pulling the dock to bits and got the tablet and dock to mate, which is more than asus could do. So today for the first time ever i am now using the dock.

But wait, how come when I went to look at my tablet after a couple of weeks not touching it, it had a full battery?? Very strange i thought.
    Some more searching on the forums showed a battery info thread that said tablet will charge at 3% per hour if connected to a computer.
    Well i did leave it conected to the wall charger for a few days so maybe the charger is only being recognised as a comptuter usb and only charging at that painfully slow rate.
    The charge battery symbol still never appears, and although plugged in my battery life is dwindling fast so the problem hasnt gone away, but it did charge somehow!

Now having never used the dock before I dont know how it shuld behave when plugged to charger. Should wall charger plugged into dock show the charging battery icon on tablet? I read the battery guide and my dock has a flashing red light but how do i know if its a fast flash or a skow flash with nothing to compare it to?

At any rate, plugged in, my tablet battery is still emptying so its not charging through the tablet either.

ivan

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Just thought id pop back and conclude this saga.

After trying every free trick in the forum to get this thing to charge, I went for the next cheapest option. A replacement cord, and it fixed it. That was the problem - My cord. $5 (more) out of pocket and Im back charging again.

So after owning this thing now for over 3 months, I am now for the 1st time both using and charging my dock simultaneously.

So now I've gotten over and self-repaired the faulty dock thanks to ASUS' incompetence, and gotten past the faulty cord, I am nearly back to what I expected Id have 3 months ago.

Only minus at least an extra $50 plus hours of research, and hours spent troubleshooting.

Oh and did i mention the dead area on the touch screen right out of the box?

You win some, you lose some I guess - But for me... I probably wont be losing to asus again, not giving them the chance.

Thanks again to everyone who thrown their 2c in.

Ivan

Ads