Thread: Transformer Pad power button is stuck

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Transformer Pad power button is stuck

Hello, my 9 year old son dropped my pad on the corner near the power button. It made a slight dent in the metal frame, and now the button feels like it is stuck. The tablet only seems to turn on when I plug it in. The screen turns off after a while, but I think it might stay on until the batteries are drained. Has anybody had a issue like this, and how can I fix it without paying more than what the tablet is worth?

Thanks

Jerry

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    148 times
    Actually, if you really have a 101, that frame is plastic, not metal. It only looks metal... there is a nice thread on how to fix stuck power buttons in this very forum. You could try searching for it.

However, if you have a 201 (Prime)? Then your case is metal.

In either situation, carefully opening it up could let you adjust the frame from the inside-out, to pop-out the dent. But you'll likely void your warranty in the process.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the troubles man, but you can try to re-align the power button. It may be possible to do with a guitar pick without opening the case up.

Check this guide, it has detailed instructions on how to take it apart without damaging your tablet if you decide to open her up: [RS Guide] - Power/Lock button issues?
    Bob_of_QF likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bthumble View Post
    Hello, my 9 year old son dropped my pad on the corner near the power button. It made a slight dent in the metal frame, and now the button feels like it is stuck. The tablet only seems to turn on when I plug it in. The screen turns off after a while, but I think it might stay on until the batteries are drained. Has anybody had a issue like this, and how can I fix it without paying more than what the tablet is worth?

Thanks

Jerry
    The exact same thing happened to me except my son is 6. Power button was stuck and the housing was bent just as you mentioned. I called Asus, explained what happened and they suggested I send the machine to them. The pointed out that there could be some cost involved. I sent the machine with the RMA form but also indicated another problem I was having - frequent waking while sleeping - and two weeks later Asus sent me a new machine back. I mean new as in the screen was spotless, no dents, no glitches and best of all.....NO COST. I was quite pleasantly shocked.
    Frederuco and Bob_of_QF like this.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 63MM View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me except my son is 6. Power button was stuck and the housing was bent just as you mentioned. I called Asus, explained what happened and they suggested I send the machine to them. The pointed out that there could be some cost involved. I sent the machine with the RMA form but also indicated another problem I was having - frequent waking while sleeping - and two weeks later Asus sent me a new machine back. I mean new as in the screen was spotless, no dents, no glitches and best of all.....NO COST. I was quite pleasantly shocked.
    It is great to hear stories like these. So many times we only hear the negative ones about the opposite thing happening - sending in a pristine tablet and the repair shop saying it was damaged before they got their hands on it.
    Bob_of_QF likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ads