Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Apps and browser keep force closing (all the time!) and stops loading sites

I've been having this problem for a while now and it's getting beyond a joke, I'm almost on the verge of buying an Ipad it's that bad!

First problem is that the browser and most of the apps would run fine for a few mins then freeze and close. The Browser I use is stock (although I had the same with Dolphin and Opera). The Apps are games like angry birds and several puzle one that I can't remember since doing a factory reset. I didn't have that much on the 101 to be honest.

The second is that after browsing the net for a while, the 101 wouldn't load anything. The progress bar would get about 1-2 cm in from the left then hold there. I would have to do a reboot then it would work again for about 10 mins. I never have the problem with my desktop or iphone on the same wifi connection.

This is getting really annoying now as I can't go more than 10 mins without having to reboot because of some problem. I had the update earlier this week so installed that then did a full factory reset (4 times as the guide on here recommends doing several times) and it was fine for the first day or so then back to normal and that is after stopping all the automatic re-installs of the apps I used to have on and only installing the 4 angry birds apps.

I used to love my 101 and recommended it to anyone that asked but now it annpys me and I can't recommend it.

Can anyone please help me to rekindle my love for my 101?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1636 times
    When doing the factory reset, do NOT tell it to sync with Google when doing the setup. Install a few apps at a time with restarts between the batches. I suspect you have a misbehaving app and doing that sync will put it back. First only install the absolutely necessary apps to see if the problems go away then test after each additional small batch.

RAR
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation

I am having the same problems. Only the stock browser will start to open then close and back to the home screen, same with several apps such as netflix, kindle and others. Frustrated because I email support and they email back telling me to go to the support stuff on there website which I have already done. And tried the geek squad people and all they said was to do the factory reset, but I still have a browser and apps that won't load. Any ideas on how to fix this thing,,, useless as it is now!
    Thanks RAR
    Last edited by RAR; 07-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RAR View Post
    I am having the same problems. Only the stock browser will start to open then close and back to the home screen, same with several apps such as netflix, kindle and others. Frustrated because I email support and they email back telling me to go to the support stuff on there website which I have already done. And tried the geek squad people and all they said was to do the factory reset, but I still have a browser and apps that won't load. Any ideas on how to fix this thing,,, useless as it is now!
    Thanks RAR
    Welcome to the forum RAR

The only suggestion I have was in my previous post. A hard reset and if that doesn't work a factory reset (system wipe). You're sounds very similar to the OP's but maybe more like a crazy app. Do the hard reset first and see what happens.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2320 times

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the replies. I have been getting more and more frustrated at my 101 over the week. I have done several factory resets and even had it at the point where it is reset, no apps installed and only used the standard email app, stock youtube app and the stock browser for facebook, bbc and local paper website. It lasts a few hours of clean and quick running then returns to stuttering and crashing back to the home screen. It's getting a bit beyond a joke now and I think I'm getting past the point of no return with it. Shame really as it started off so well but in less than a year to go this bad isn't really acceptable. I don't doubt for 1 minute the hardware is capable and there must be some software glitch in there.

Ads