Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Jazz
    Member #
    3468
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times

    New Kernel Update Released 7-3-2011

    Anyone tried the latest Kernel release " Eee Pad Kernel Code for Android 3.1 OS (V8.4.4.5) 2011.07.03 update ???
    I tried to load it but the TF was unable to locate the file from both my Micro Flash or the SD Root. Not sure if i unzip it or just place the zip there.
    ASUS TF 101 "Transformer" 16GB B60
    Keyboard Dock B60
    Moto Droid X

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    183
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    6,099
    Liked
    722 times
    I had no luck either and i wonder if it might be because I am currently running v8.4.4.5?
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

  3. #3
    Jazz
    Member #
    733
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cary, illinois
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times

    Kernal and updates

    Hi all,

    I know I saw this somewhere but can't find it. I went on the Asus site and there seems to be a kernel update for 8.4.4.5 There also seem to be a
    few others. I was wondering if anyone downloaded them as they don't seem to be available via over the air. They really don't say what they are for. Just asking. Thanks.
    "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

  4. #4
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    183
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    6,099
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coachasus View Post
    Hi all,

    I know I saw this somewhere but can't find it. I went on the Asus site and there seems to be a kernel update for 8.4.4.5 There also seem to be a
    few others. I was wondering if anyone downloaded them as they don't seem to be available via over the air. They really don't say what they are for. Just asking. Thanks.
    I merged these threads. I have no idea what the new Kernal is for unless it will only work for machines that haven't been updated.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

  5. #5
    Jazz
    Member #
    733
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cary, illinois
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    I merged these threads. I have no idea what the new Kernal is for unless it will only work for machines that haven't been updated.
    OOPs...thanks a lot, Mickey!
    "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

  6. #6
    Jazz
    Member #
    3468
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    I had no luck either and i wonder if it might be because I am currently running v8.4.4.5?
    That's a very good possibility, I was just figuring on the fact that they've actually posted it and used the word "update" besides it
    meant that they've made some changes worth "updating" to. It mentions that it's for 8.4.4.5 (3.1) too. Sure don't wanna miss out on
    any good patches.
    ASUS TF 101 "Transformer" 16GB B60
    Keyboard Dock B60
    Moto Droid X

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    2520
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    I just installed it. I was using 3.1 before I think it was the latest 3.1 rom version on Asus.

    This thing is kernel version i dont know what the heck is but anyway installed it. It might have some updates related with Tegra because on the bootup screen it has a Nvidia Tegra logo from now on.

    I just installed it havent used it yet but first thing I noticed the bootup screen is slower now but I hope it does not effect the use of TF.

    thats it so far. If I notice new thing I will re-post here.

  8. #8
    Jazz
    Member #
    3468
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dinc View Post
    I just installed it. I was using 3.1 before I think it was the latest 3.1 rom version on Asus.

    This thing is kernel version i dont know what the heck is but anyway installed it. It might have some updates related with Tegra because on the bootup screen it has a Nvidia Tegra logo from now on.

    I just installed it havent used it yet but first thing I noticed the bootup screen is slower now but I hope it does not effect the use of TF.

    thats it so far. If I notice new thing I will re-post here.
    Hmmm glad it worked for you. Sounds like CPU update. Did you just copy the downloaded file onto the SDCARD as is and it found it?
    ASUS TF 101 "Transformer" 16GB B60
    Keyboard Dock B60
    Moto Droid X

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    3465
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all. I'm a new member but not actually new to the forum. I have downloaded and used the update without any problems. Ensure that you are downloading the correct version. There is a US, Taiwan, etc. versions on the site. Unzip the file and place the ASUS folder onto the root of your microSD card. When you install the card the TF will give a popup saying there is an update available. This was done on a brand new TF on Monday 4 July. I have some coworkers who bought theirs yesterday and couldn't get the update to work. I hope this helps others.

  10. #10
    Jazz
    Member #
    3468
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stator View Post
    Hi all. I'm a new member but not actually new to the forum. I have downloaded and used the update without any problems. Ensure that you are downloading the correct version. There is a US, Taiwan, etc. versions on the site. Unzip the file and place the ASUS folder onto the root of your microSD card. When you install the card the TF will give a popup saying there is an update available. This was done on a brand new TF on Monday 4 July. I have some coworkers who bought theirs yesterday and couldn't get the update to work. I hope this helps others.
    Thanks stator, the 3.1 update works as you stated. The Kernel update however, has different directory structure when unzipped. It doesn't contain the ASUS folder and is not detected when unzipped are left zipped.
    ASUS TF 101 "Transformer" 16GB B60
    Keyboard Dock B60
    Moto Droid X

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. ******Flash Upgrade Released***** :D
    By CaNsA in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
  2. Transformer 3.1 kernel source availabe for download
    By Garemlin in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 02:40 PM

Search tags for this page

eee pad kernel code

,

eee pad kernel code for android 3.1

,

eee pad kernel code for android 3.1 os

,

eee pad kernel code for android 3.1 os (v8.4.4.5)

,
eee pad kernel code for android 3.2 os
,

eee pad kernel code for android os

,

eee pad kernel v8.4.4.5

,
fix eee pad kernel code for android 3.1 os (v8.4.4.5)
,

installing asus transformer kernel update

,
kernel updating eee pad
,
new 7-3-2011 kernel update for asus transformer
,
new kernel update for asus transformer
,
transformer asus ?????????? ????
,
updating eee pad kernel code
,

upgrade a asus transformer kernel

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 AM.