Like Tree11Likes

Thread: TF101 Turns On, But Only Has Black Screen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I had this problem a while back, sent it away for repair. Got it back and it worked a few weeks and happened again at the weekend. Followed this post but the connections look fine. I dont want to damage the plastic holding it in place, suppose I just need to bite the bullet and sent it back again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    This solved my problem to, thx for the good advice.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi this sounds promising. I am sittin on a baeach in Thailand right now, the device is full of movies for the children. I connected I it via hdmi and it is working on the tv so I will try this.

However I Don't have All tools availiable so how to dismantle And what tools necessary.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crashedhdd View Post
    There is a connector inside in the lower right corner when placed on its face. The connector most likely popped off. This is why everything works but there is no display.

Attachment 3964
    Ran across this thread and want to give a Thanks shout out....Fixed my problem. One day my screen went black and someone gave me a dock for some work that I did and was determined to figure out what was wrong. Noticed that the tablet was showing up when connected to a pc so Googled the screen being black and BOOM. I ran across this thread, took the TF101 apart and pushed connection in and it started working.

Thanks

eaz
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I had exactly the same issue! Your tip fixed it for me too. So thanks a lot.
    This was the first time I had to open the tf101, it went smoothly, only around 8 screws to remove. Then I found out that tape is used to hold most cables/connectors together.. No wonder a wrong hit on the the tablet makes a cable move a little and make it useless...
    Start with the only two screws near the cable entry. Then carefully remove the ring around the tablet, working it to the front(panel). Once that is off, remove around 5 screws around the side. and 4 on the corners to get the backside removed.
    All on your own risk....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys, I have an issue with the screen going black after I can see the boot screens just fine. I do not think it is a backlight or connection issue since I can see the boot screens fine. Just to confirm, your screens were always black not just once they booted into android?

eaz
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine was black all the time, all I could see was the backlite going on/off, but even that is not the same for all users with this issue.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having a similar issue. I've disassembled and tried the loose cable fix but this didn't work. The touch screen works through hdmi while plugged into TV and when I plug in the charger the screen lights up like normal for about 1 second, then goes blank. I'm comfortable with replacing any part which is faulty if I can figure out which part to replace.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the black screen problem too. I threw/dropped the tablet in it's case on the bed from about 20 cms and it wouldn't work when I turned it on, the sound was fine, but no graphics. I will try what has been suggested later today I reckon. I was spewing when it happened because it is only a few weeks out of warranty. But then isn't that when they are supposed to stuff up?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I am having the black screen problem too. I threw/dropped the tablet in it's case on the bed from about 20 cms and it wouldn't work when I turned it on, the sound was fine, but no graphics. I will try what has been suggested later today I reckon. I was spewing when it happened because it is only a few weeks out of warranty. But then isn't that when they are supposed to stuff up?
    Yes, Asus put a lot of design work into the feature that compels you throw/drop it onto the bed just after the warranty expires

The reality is that although it may not seem like much of a drop and it was in a case and it fell onto a fairly soft surface, the the display, touch layer and outer glass components are glued together into a comparatively heavy unit and it doesn't take much of a jolt at the right (or wrong, depending on your point of view) angle to loosen a cable or even cause permanent damage inside the assembly.

The advice I have received, from a friend who repairs Nortel PABXs and their associated phones and LCD displays, is that you should never casually toss anything that has an LCD display included in it onto any surface from any height - most of the time nothing happens, but every now and then you're just going to be unlucky and damage the display.
    Last edited by MikeS; 01-23-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links