Thread: Make $$$ Folder

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Make $$$ Folder

On my transformer there is this folder in gallery called Make $$$. I don't know why it's there or how to get rid of it, I can't delete it like other folders. Anyone knows why this folder is there and how I can get rid of it?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    This, being the first time I remember anyone reporting that I suspect one of the apps you have installed put it there as a sort of temporary folder but that's just a guess.. Is there anything in the folder?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I am guessing it is from a bad app....

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    No the folder is empty and I did factory reset recently so there are only few apps I have installed and they are pretty legit ones(Facebook, temple run, angry birds:space).

but I agree a bad app is the only explanation I can think of too, gonna factory reset it again and see if it's there.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    ...someone trying to give you a hint?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    You could probably delete it using the ADB engine (basically a command line shell that lets you use a computer to terminal into the Android tablet).

I've noticed, that even without root, it can often change the permissions of a file and/or directory so it could be erased/deleted, or even allow user access with something like ES File Explorer. It really depends on which parent directory the offending and unwanted file/directory is under, whether you need root permission or not to modify the files' in this way. The command is CHAMOD, I think-- but a quick perusal of the ADB tutorial would give you the command(s) you'd need.

The only reason why I know about this, is because I was snooping around in the scripts used to root these things, and some of the better written ones have comments as to what is going on at each step.

If it really bugs you? I suppose I could look deeper into this.

Send me a PM if you want me to look this up.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    You were close it is actually chmod. I have never tried it with-out root, so I can't say whether it works or not, just be careful because you can change the permissions to many things accidentally and make your tab unusable (but still fixable with patience). I once chmod'd my root directory on a Linux install and made it so that not even root privaledges could modify folders, made it not even boot!!! Don't want to scare you, but I just wanted to make sure if you do it that you follow the instructions very very carefully.

Edit: I would check out temple run, does it have a pay to get stuff in it? that may be a folder dealing with that. Games can put some interesting things on your tablet sometimes.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    With enough snooping you'll find a lot of folders that are difficult to track to a specific app because the names aren't even close to the actual app name is some cases. Best to just ignore most of them.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Any battery saver or wallpaper apps?

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    No haven't got any battery saving or wallpaper apps, I'll check this chmod thing out though. thank you all for your responses.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links