• 1 Post By Asus_USA

Thread: Cracked Screen and other problems

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cracked Screen and other problems

Hey all,

I've had my Transformer 101 for almost a year now, was pretty happy with it especially the OS.
    Now I've got two cracks that seem to have spontaneously come into existence...
    Seems this issue is very common on the Transformer Prime, was wondering if anyone knows about it happening much on the original Transformer.

The cracked screen seems to stem from the hinge arm being imperfectly balanced and causing an uneven stress load on the screen, along with a few other aggravating factors. Basically, they should have made either the hinge better or the glass thicker.

I'm in the midst of dealing with Asus now, i'm 11 months into a 12 month warranty but right now they're saying they don't fix physical damage for free.

I've also had light-bleed, weird pressure zones, and an extremely loose micro-sd card slot since I got it. Not so happy anymore.

I've stopped recommending them to people after all this...

Anyway, anyone else have the same issue(s), did Asus replace/repair it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I realize this is old, but I had a spontaneous crack with my Pad 300 (occurred overnight while the pad was docked). Just got notified today that damage would not be covered. I'm not done trying, but I'm not hopeful.

I would say your current policy of not recommending is a good one.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Look at my topic and you will see my problems with repairs. I` ve listed it under Repairs

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    update, the customers relation person stopped responding to my emails after I sent the pictures she requested. Last I heard from her it would cost $65 + Parts + Shipping to get repaired.
    I am pissed and would direct people to this other thread I've been posting in Cracked Screen Poll

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMuffinMan View Post
    update, the customers relation person stopped responding to my emails after I sent the pictures she requested. Last I heard from her it would cost $65 + Parts + Shipping to get repaired.
    I am pissed and would direct people to this other thread I've been posting in Cracked Screen Poll

Hello,

Pleased to read you on this subject because I have exactly the same problem and I called the support and they told me they had no idea what I was talking about with my cracked screen, Iwas the first issue on this problem, that couldn't be true it was a problem coming from their design and from a lack of resistance of the sreen at the junction with the keyboard...

They told me they could repair but that I would have to pay for it even if I was still under warrenty pay for the analysis and the shipping too... I found this communication very bad from Asus... They are lier

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Hey DanDanTheMuffinMan,
    I like your assumption or non-scientific suggestion of what cracked screens stem from, namely:

The cracked screen seems to stem from the hinge arm being imperfectly balanced and causing an uneven stress load on the screen, along with a few other aggravating factors. Basically, they should have made either the hinge better or the glass thicker.

I really don't think that Asus will replace your screen without charging for it. It would be like me complaining to a Japanese automobile maker that a small rock cracked my windshield. Naturally, I could argue that they should have made the windshield thicker. Sure!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by IdaUte; 06-07-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by patmiossec View Post
    Hello,

Pleased to read you on this subject because I have exactly the same problem and I called the support and they told me they had no idea what I was talking about with my cracked screen, Iwas the first issue on this problem, that couldn't be true it was a problem coming from their design and from a lack of resistance of the sreen at the junction with the keyboard...

They told me they could repair but that I would have to pay for it even if I was still under warrenty pay for the analysis and the shipping too... I found this communication very bad from Asus... They are lier
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and that of the MuffinMan's, but unfortunately, that kind of damage is not covered under our warranty. Honestly, if there was a real design fault with the hinge, there would be a whole lot more broken screens. I'm not saying it's not possible for the hinge to crack the screen, but something like that is something we can guarantee against. We have used basically the same design on all of our Transformer tablets, and I assure you stress tests were all performed before actually implementing it. We do take every case like this on a case-by-case basis so you are more than welcome to submit and RMA, and work with an agent regarding the broken screen, but more likely than not, it will not be covered. If it was a bad main board, or even a leaky LCD screen, we can clearly point to it and say, "Ah yes, this part is bad" we can definitely fix it, but in a situation like this, it's a little harder.
    Swipe likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and that of the MuffinMan's, but unfortunately, that kind of damage is not covered under our warranty. Honestly, if there was a real design fault with the hinge, there would be a whole lot more broken screens. I'm not saying it's not possible for the hinge to crack the screen, but something like that is something we can guarantee against. We have used basically the same design on all of our Transformer tablets, and I assure you stress tests were all performed before actually implementing it. We do take every case like this on a case-by-case basis so you are more than welcome to submit and RMA, and work with an agent regarding the broken screen, but more likely than not, it will not be covered. If it was a bad main board, or even a leaky LCD screen, we can clearly point to it and say, "Ah yes, this part is bad" we can definitely fix it, but in a situation like this, it's a little harder.
    I just found this forum and thread because my Asus transformer screen just cracked for no reason while I was actually using it. It now does not respond to touch and is now completely useless. I doubted that Asus would believe that which is why I Googled asus cracked screen and found my way here. Reading your respone, Mr Asus man, I am perfectly sure that there is no point in me complaining and getting worked up and angry when Asus do not take responsibility for this. I will just have to let it go. However before I do, I will tell you, Mr Asus man, that this is not OK. You have one unhappy customer here who will tell everyone about ASUS (loudly and with a capital A), and from the look of other forums and comments I have found in the web, this issue is giving you a really bad name, however much you might choose to deny it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links