Can anyone help? Is anyone else having the same problem? After the upgrade to IML74K.TW_epad 9.2.1.21-20120413 all my data in my contacts and calendar got wiped out. I tried to recover by syncing with my PC contacts and calendar (Outlook 2007) however when the sync starts for contacts it gets to about 9% then displays and error message "unable to copy contacts from device". If I try and sync my calendar only then it gets to about the same and displays the error message "unable to copy calendar items from device". Nothing works, and it doesn't get further than that. There seems to be some communication blockage with the pad and the PC. They do recognise each other - as in connection is established but it just can't exchange data. This is very frustrating.

I have the latest version of Asus Sync running V1.0.82. I don't know what else I can do. I don't want to sync through gmail. This was all working fine until the "upgrade".

I have noticed that in settings, Accounts and Sync, Asus Sync is OFF and I cannot get it to turn green (sync ON). I have already checked the box above Launch Asus Sync. Actually checked or not checked it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Has anyone experienced this before? Can anyone help - PLEASE!