Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Help! Asus repair returned Pad and dock. DEAD!

Just got my pad and dock back from Asus repair in the Czhech Republic. Pad refuses to turn on or reset or anything. Dock no longer shows any light when connected to charger. Pad no longer powers on when connected to charger or through the dock.

The charger does not even get warm.

When I sent it off all that was wrong was the left speaker died. I did not attach it to the dock as it comes bundled with the dock unattached. When it got here it was attached to the dock and had been like that since at least Friday when it was shipped!

I now have an expensive brick.

Also the UK support phone number does not work!

EDIT: I have decided to return my TF for a refund with Ebuyer. If all goes well and I am refunded I will go buy another from a proper shop where at least I can bring it back to the store if there is an issue and swap it.
    Last edited by Dick Emery; 06-27-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    That's not good. Asus has a page on Facebook where you can vent your spleen somewhere that they might actually read it. They started a comment thread this morning entitled "our product designers are listening: what would you improve in your TF" or similar.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    That's not good. Asus has a page on Facebook where you can vent your spleen somewhere that they might actually read it. They started a comment thread this morning entitled "our product designers are listening: what would you improve in your TF" or similar.
    I've just created a Facebook account but I cannot see any place to add a comment on the ASUS wall where all the comments reside. I am new to Facebook. Never had a need for it so this is new to me.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out. You have to clikc the Like button to allow comments. Bit silly really.
    Last edited by Dick Emery; 06-27-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    OK this is odd.

While I am waiting for the courier to pick it up (tomorrow) I left it attached to the charger for a short while. It did not help and the charger never gets warm. However I plugged it into a USB port on my PC. Nothing. But if I held down the volume up+power button it would detect something on the PC. There is nothing displayed though. I then did it again and it disconnected. I then held the power button down and it came to life! But only got as far as the ASUS logo before saying it was powering down. I tried again but this time it only got as far as the ASUS logo then just shut off. No shutdown message. From then on it would do nothing.

I think the battery on both the dock and pad are completely drained and for some reason they are not charging. Or at least not charging very much.

I am going to leave it on the charger for the rest of the evening and see if it comes back to life. Right now I have nothing to lose. BTW the right side is really creaky now. I don't understand why the dock LED does not light though. If the battery in both the dock and pad are completely drained can this problem occur?
    Last edited by Dick Emery; 06-27-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Sounds like maybe the charger isn't working.
    Excuse my typos. I'm typing with my thumbs. Aren't you?

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Pad and dock dead. But pad is now charging?

The charger is dead. I get nothing from the charger whatsover and the dock LED does not light up. The pad is dead mostly too but it occasionally flickers to life briefly before saying there is not enough power and turns itself off.

I checked the pins in the charger and it makes no difference. I also have one of those plugs that tell you how much power you are using. I plugged it into that and the TF and dock and both times it shows no power is passing.

HOWEVER!

I found an old USB charging plug I got from Ebay from some Chinese seller. It has a rating of 1 amp and says 5v-12v.

I plugged it in and the power meter on the usage monitor screen says it's pulling 2 watts!

I pressed the power button and where it originally would not power on after it had done so and shutdown a couple of times it now powered on again! But it still said not enough power and shut itself down.

NOW I just connected it to the dock and the pad started up. Said not enough juice and powered down. It also no charger connected. BUT the LED was flashing orange on and off. Hmm. So I connected the charger to the dock and powered up again. This time it went all the way through and now it's got the setup screen and the orange light is flashing on and off on the dock!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You should definetly ask to change your Tab or at least a charger. Most likely your tab is still not working because the 3rd party charger just doesnt give enough power. Try to let it charge your dock station/pad for an hour and then turn it on

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had kinda the same problem. When I bought the new toshiba x300 laptop I broke my video card after playing it non-stop 12 hours? Well anyways after giving it to the service Ive recieved it with a broken fan (terrible noice!) and some strange video driver which was allways beign restarted crashing my games (((

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Threads merged to show continuation of issue at hand.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Thank you admin.

It's now charging from the Asus charger. Phew! tab 19% dock 9% (dock is unchangined but maybe it pushes the tab as priority to 100% then the dock next?).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links