Thread: Battery doesn't charge

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Battery doesn't charge

My sisters manufacturer warranty on her asus eee pad transformer tf101 tablet is over so she wants me to try and fix it for her. She is having problems with the battery. It said the battery was 0% and the battery icon had a red exclamation mark. I plugged it in but the battery indicator still said discharging, battery health: dead. First I tried replacing the battery. Now when I plug it in the battery indicator says discharging, battery health: good. So the tablet still was not recognizing that it was plugged in. So then I tried replacing the charging/data cable. Now it seems to recognize when it is plugged in but the battery still says that it is not charging. Do you think it could be the charging port or could it be a software problem. It won't let me do any software updates because the battery is very low.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

You replaced the battery! Not a task for the faint of heart....

I think from your explanation that you may have one bad charger or charging cable but not certain. Try using what you feel is a good cable to plug the TF into a USB port on your computer, with the TF off and the computer on, for at least 3 hours.

You may be getting a funky reading from the battery for starters. If the battery was that low it's difficult to even get to the point of seeing much on the screen as the TF would normally start up then immediately shut back down.

If you can get it to start up after being attached to your computer for 3 hours try a hard reset. Instructions are in a link below.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Insanity View Post
    My sisters manufacturer warranty on her asus eee pad transformer tf101 tablet is over so she wants me to try and fix it for her. She is having problems with the battery. It said the battery was 0% and the battery icon had a red exclamation mark. I plugged it in but the battery indicator still said discharging, battery health: dead. First I tried replacing the battery. Now when I plug it in the battery indicator says discharging, battery health: good. So the tablet still was not recognizing that it was plugged in. So then I tried replacing the charging/data cable. Now it seems to recognize when it is plugged in but the battery still says that it is not charging. Do you think it could be the charging port or could it be a software problem. It won't let me do any software updates because the battery is very low.
    This is from an earlier thread discussing battery charging issues.
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...t-adapter.html
    ASUSFAN0001 likes this.
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Insanity View Post
    (1) It is definitely NOT a software problem. Charging duties are done by hardware.

(2) Check the charging brick. Put it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for about half an hour to an hour. There is a safety switch in the asus charging brick to prevent overheating. A tiny number of bricks' safety switches don't switch back to normal once it's not too hot anymore. The cold of the freezer will force the switch to turn back.

(3) If it turns out to be a bad battery, I will replace your battery for you. Just pay for shipping and press the like button for like 200 of my posts LOL. I have plenty of transformer batteries. Or if you're advanturous I can instruct you on how to open it up and replace the battery. I can send you a battery if you pay for shipping.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links