Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Docking Station not charging

Hi all,

I hope you can help me out. My keyboard/docking station was charging and working well but unexpectedly stopped charging up when plugged to my charger yesterday. Now the charger is working cause when I connect it to the tablet it charges up so that is not its fault. Anyone experienced something similar or can offer a solution ? The keyboard still works but I would not like to give up all that extra battery life ((

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you by chance run the battery on the keyboard docking station down to zero? I've seen other comments on other websites stating there's a flaw in the keyboard docking station that if you let the unit totally discharge, it will not recharge the battery on the keyboard. The tablet has no issues, but appears to be a design flaw. Users noted this because even when the unit is off and docked to the tablet it's been reported to trickle charge the tablet to the point where the keyboard battery risks going to zero in which case user have been SOL. I'm surprise no one else has reported this on this forum, I was looking to see if this was as wide spread of an issue, but perhaps there hasn't been enough cases that meet the specific scenario for people to realize this is an issue. It'll be interesting to hear if anyone else reports this after discharging their keyboard docking station battery to zero.

Please respond if you have this issue or if there's a software fix or if it's more hardware related in which there's probably no fix.

Thanks.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I suggest purchasing the Dual Battery Widget for around $1 fro the Market there are free ones as well but with this widget you can see the battery level of both the dock and the Transformer on your home screen so it takes the guesswork out of is it charging or not.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Yep, slick but simple app to see whether dock is charging the tablet or both are charging from current and battery state of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    I suggest purchasing the Dual Battery Widget for around $1 fro the Market there are free ones as well but with this widget you can see the battery level of both the dock and the Transformer on your home screen so it takes the guesswork out of is it charging or not.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have already purchased the app.
    It usually showed me that the keyboard battery was charging.

Its been plugged into the charger for hours now and the battery level has not changed.

The battery itself was still intact. This morning it was at 90%. Charged my tablet up..when it was down to 30% I tried to plug it in for a recharge and nothing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My dock has also stopped charging. I'm worse off than the OP because my tablet doesn't charge either, whether docked or on its own. Looks like I have a dead charger block, yes? I wonder if a generic USB charger will work here.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My transformer does not charge the dock. The widget shows 26% and not charging. I completely discharged the tablet and the dock because I experienced the touch screen loss bug (if the tablet is on and the screen goes off after timeout and stays off for more than 3 hours the touch screen stops working and the only way to regain access to it is to drain the battery).
    Is this a hardware trouble with the charger or the circuits inside thedock or it's a software problem and I have to wait for a fix?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The same thing is happening to me as is happening to milesian. Until last night I blamed the charger since neither my tablet or dock charged, but I used a friend's charger and the problem continued. This morning in a last ditch I plugged the tablet straight into the wall and it came on. It has taken a few minutes to get past "0%" with no charge indictator, but it finally seems to be charging.

I don't know how it originally happened that they no longer charged for me. Do I need to charge the tablet and dock separately or else risk one completely discharging?

I'll come back and share whether my dock is charging once I have the tablet itself back. If it does, I definitely be buying that duel battery widget!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Once I got the tablet fully charged, I was able to plug it back into the dock and (after waiting a couple minutes for good measure) start charging the dock.

Crisis averted!

Now I guess the only thing to do is now is get the duel battery widget and watch the charge levels of both the dock and the tablet to make sure neither fully deplete again.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I can't get anything on my returned TF and dock. The TF does not come on and does not have enough charge to even fire up. The dock is also completely drained and refuses to light up the LED or anything. I initially was able to get a connect using USB to PC whilst holding volume up+power and then I pressed power for a few seconds and it startup to boot. But then it died at the ASUS logo. Now it won't even go as far as volume up+power. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. The charger never gets warm on either the dock or pad. It does not appear to charge either of them. I tried leaving it on for a while but nothing happens. I have attached to the USB port to see if it even gives a trickle charge. But I doubt it will do anything. I have asked for a refund and it's being picked up tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links