Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

My ASUS TF101 screen looks weird, almost like a negative image in some places - help

Bought my asus TF101 during Xmas during the great sales and love it. Don't really use it that much and take great care of it. Today I go to fire it up and the ASUS startup screen (ASUS word) and the words seem a rusty color - the part where the light kind of moves across the lettering. The opening page is the same almost, rusty (brownish) kind of pixels. Firefox browser background is blue. I hope I am not having issues with this tablet. Perhaps a simple fix or should I contact the manufacturer? Thanks!!

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    465 times
    RMA it. You either have a loose lcd cable or the lcd is bad.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. Would that be from the manufacturer or the place I bought it from online? If the manufacturer, do you have a contact link? Thanks! - What about the data/programs/preferences and everything I have on it, will it be wiped if I send it in, or do they save it somehow?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    465 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pityocamptes View Post
    Thanks. Would that be from the manufacturer or the place I bought it from online? If the manufacturer, do you have a contact link? Thanks! - What about the data/programs/preferences and everything I have on it, will it be wiped if I send it in, or do they save it somehow?
    Actually, if you are within the return period of the place you bought it from, contact them NOW and tell them you have a defective unit and you want to exchange for a new one. If you are past your return period, then contact asus at (888) 678-3688. The options are 2, 2, 5, to save you time.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, I put an RMA request from the place I bought it from. If they accept it, how do I go about wiping the data on my tablet - I assume that they are going to give me a new one? How does it normally work, and what action should I take when sending it back? Thanks again!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I ended up calling ASUS as the seller said it was too late. ASUS gave me an RMA number. As far as the data that is on the tablet I will back it up to a card, but after that should I wipe the tablet? What are the odds that they will repair it, or simply send out a new one? Hell, I was looking at the tablet and I don't even know how they would get the thing apart, it looks sealed, but then again, I'm sure they can. Thanks again!!

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    465 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pityocamptes View Post
    I ended up calling ASUS as the seller said it was too late. ASUS gave me an RMA number. As far as the data that is on the tablet I will back it up to a card, but after that should I wipe the tablet? What are the odds that they will repair it, or simply send out a new one? Hell, I was looking at the tablet and I don't even know how they would get the thing apart, it looks sealed, but then again, I'm sure they can. Thanks again!!
    Haha, I can completely dissemble it within 10 minutes with just a single small screw driver.

They will probably go in and check to see if the cable is loose. If it's not loose, they will replace the lcd.

Just make sure in that pdf paper you printed out you describe in detail what's wrong. Tell them exactly what the symptoms are and how to reproduce the symptoms. They won't play scavenger hunt like we do here.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Ads