Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TF101 stuck in boot loop, tried cold reset, hard reset, factory reset, to no avail

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

TF101 stuck in boot loop, tried cold reset, hard reset, factory reset, to no avail

Hey!

I've been browsing through the forums the past few weeks trying to find a solution to my TF101 issues. It worked fine on honeycomb, ICS changed everything. Had random battery issues for the past month but since three days ago, my TF101 screen just turns on (I see "EEE PC"), makes a clicking noise after 5 seconds and then turns off. I've tried Power for 30 seconds + 3 seconds, I've tried letting the battery drain all the way down, I've tried Power + Volume Down which gave me three different options, which I've all tried multiple times (Volume Up right away, letting go until a new screen appears, where I've tried Volume Down for cold boot and Volume Up x 2 for hard boot), sometimes it restarts while the small white text is even on the screen!

I have no idea what to do and I'm at wit's end. Two nights ago, I somehow got it to fully boot after mashing on the screen while it was starting up but it didn't last. I have no idea what my options are if I can't even get it to boot up/be recognized by my PC! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

Sorry for the trouble you're having but my suggestion is that you try the factory reset again. When you see those icons in the screen one should say wipe data and you can use the volume button to move to that choice. If after a couple tries of that you might consider trying to manually install by extracting the firmware that corresponds to your version of the OS into the root of a microSD card and go through the boot process again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Sorry for the trouble you're having but my suggestion is that you try the factory reset again. When you see those icons in the screen one should say wipe data and you can use the volume button to move to that choice. If after a couple tries of that you might consider trying to manually install by extracting the firmware that corresponds to your version of the OS into the root of a microSD card and go through the boot process again.
    If one does not have access to a microSD, is there any other way to do this? Thanks so much for your helpful posts and guide!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by foregoneconclusion View Post
    If one does not have access to a microSD, is there any other way to do this? Thanks so much for your helpful posts and guide!
    You can try attaching your TF to your PC and dropping that file in the root of the drive. It should/might display as "internalstorage" double click on that one time and copy the file there. The problem is that you may not be able to access it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    You can try attaching your TF to your PC and dropping that file in the root of the drive. It should/might display as "internalstorage" double click on that one time and copy the file there. The problem is that you may not be able to access it.
    Thanks. Can't get the PC to recognize the tablet before it reboots. I guess I'll spring for a MicroSD once there are new ICS updates!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same exact issue but this happened after the latest OTA patch. PC will not recognize it because it is looping every 5 secs.

The boot loot repeats over and over with the only option of letting the battery run down.

Holding the power button alone does not do anything. I have predict when it is about to turn on and hold the volume button to get to the recovery options.

I have tried the following options:
    1) cold boot - returns to boot loop
    2) recovery - the ics android splash screen shows up then switches to a one with an android laying down and a red exclamation sign over its body.
    3) wipe data - returns to boot loop

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    13 times
    Not the exact same scenario, but
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...0-windows.html
    Only different step would be to leave it on the android with exclamation. Is it possible your PC sees a mtp device?
    Last edited by Kevchaps; 03-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I ended up having to do a do an APX mode flash of ICS using the PC (make sure you have a decent charge before you start because charging from the PC is not enough). The tricky part is that bootloop interrupting every 5 seconds so you have to put it in APX mode at the right time (holding power + volume up for 7 seconds as soon as the boot screen disappears). I did this while it was connected to the PC to make sure that the PC detects the tablet in APX mode(with device manager open). The reason for this is APX mode does not display anything on the screen and is black.

I was able to follow the instructions from the link below and it seems to be working fine. I downloaded the file from [ROM][2.29.2012]NVFlash ICS 9.2.1.11 US/WW/TW Restore[FULLY STOCK!!NOT ROOTED!!] - xda-developers.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi. How do I make sure my TF101 boots from MicroSD?

- I extracted the latest ICS into the root dir of MicroSD.
    - I force the TF to hard boot.

I dont see any change in boot process, keeps going thru the BOOT LOOP.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeegar View Post
    Hi. How do I make sure my TF101 boots from MicroSD?

- I extracted the latest ICS into the root dir of MicroSD.
    - I force the TF to hard boot.

I dont see any change in boot process, keeps going thru the BOOT LOOP.
    Is it still zipped? The file is a nested zip. Be sure to unzip it only one time.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links