Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TF101 stuck in boot loop, tried cold reset, hard reset, factory reset, to no avail

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevchaps View Post
    Not the exact same scenario, but
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...0-windows.html
    Only different step would be to leave it on the android with exclamation. Is it possible your PC sees a mtp device?
    Damn, it was the first thing that I got to execute on the tablet but it doesn't seem to have worked. MicroSD didn't work either. Should I just RMA at this point? Could I take it in to a place like Best Buy and pay to have them to try to fix it? I'm almost certain it isn't a hardware issue.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    13 times
    Well, if you leave the tf on the exclamation android, then try adb pushing, as I described in that guide, it should work, it'd you're saying it executed something.
    Also, if able to connect to your tf through adb, and execute the command "adb devices" on your pc, what does it say on your pc after " list of attached devices"?

As far as rma, thats a personal call.
    Is your tf rooted? If so, rma is obviously a pointless move

Personally, I would rma only if unrooted, and patient.
    I'm unrooted, but impatient

I'll keep helping ya if needed tho

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevchaps View Post
    Well, if you leave the tf on the exclamation android, then try adb pushing, as I described in that guide, it should work, it'd you're saying it executed something.
    Also, if able to connect to your tf through adb, and execute the command "adb devices" on your pc, what does it say on your pc after " list of attached devices"?

As far as rma, thats a personal call.
    Is your tf rooted? If so, rma is obviously a pointless move

Personally, I would rma only if unrooted, and patient.
    I'm unrooted, but impatient

I'll keep helping ya if needed tho
    So with the NVFlash, there were no immediate results but it randomly turned on fully and firmware updated about an hour in. It stayed on for a few hours, working fine, I installed 2 apps (repligoreader for my pdf textbooks and the new google market) and it switches between reboot loops and working briefly. This has been so frustrating, I think an RMA may be my only option (I'm not rooted).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Possible Work Around, Worked for Me

OK, to al the people whom came from Google trying to find a solution for this stupid problem, I may have one. Something about plugging and unplugging the charger seems to break my boot loop. I have had it happen three times now and the only way out was to plug in the charger and disconnecting it. I believe disconnect while the screen first turns on. Plug it in, wait 10 secs, wait for the boot screen, then unplug. Not sure if that is the correct timing but play around with it. If it works and you figure it out, please post the results. Hopefully it works for you. It's the only thing that has worked for me.

Oh, and btw, it always starts this when it is asleep, I move it, and it tries to wake up, if that helps anyone.

Good luck!

P.S. I have noticed when I move my tablet it can try to wake up. Is there a way to disable that?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same problem. Before this I was noticing how it would go into a reboot cycle all by itself if I left it idol for any length of time. I don't know if that was the start of this bigger issue but it's killing me. I have tried to hard reboot just like forgoneconclusion even trying the whipe data option but it would just go back to the booting loop. I have the clicking sound as well and it lasts about 5 seconds and the click comes in about half way through. Someone mentioned somewhere about a hard reboot using the pin whole near the SD Slot? Anyone know if I can try that. If I do make it through the reboot using the whipe data does that mean I lose all my files, apps, and settings? Any help would be very appreciated, Thanks
    Chris Picanzo

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Hi Chris,

Your problems are not your own. Many have experienced them since the update to ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich - Google give their OS names as well as numbers, I saw your other post asking that question )

Your best bet - and for anyone else reading here - is to start at ICS tf101 reboots - The definitive thread! & then from there, go to the other threads linked in the first post.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

I may be able to help

I have had same thing happen to me. So much so, that I took it in and had it looked at.

--Hold down the Power button and the Volume Up buttom, at the same time, for 10 seconds. The TF101 will shut itself off, screen will be black. After a minute, hold down the Power button and the Volume Down button, at the same time, for 10 seconds. The screen will come on about 30 sec after you release the buttons.

BTW, I have not lost any of my data doing this cold boot.

Hope that helps,
    Jewels

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Moderator's Note - Please Read
    Thanks for trying to help, Jewels, but other readers should be advised that solution 1 is effectively only going from APX mode to a cold boot (at least that's what it sounds like). It is not a "special, hidden fix".

Solution 2, on the other hand, will damage the tf101. On the tf101 this hole is the microphone (see following posts), on the tf201 (Prime) there is a reset hole, but NOT on the original Transformer.

Janner43

Thank you so much Janner43. Thats what I get for listening to tech before I found this site. Thank goodness I never tried that; it's just what he told me.

Jewels
    Last edited by Jewels; 05-14-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: correcting my statement

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    --There is a tiny, tiny pin hole between the headphone jack and the HDMI port. That is a reset button, you can press that with a small paperclip.

Hope that helps,
    Jewels
    I see the hole. I've tried gently pushing a small wire into it-- but nothing happens, and I cannot feel the "click" of any button. Are you certain this is what that hole is for? (I may not have pressed hard enough, but I was being careful... )

Edit:

I'm glad I was careful-- that hole is the built-in microphone, not a reset hole. I hope I didn't damage it (not that I ever used the thing...)
    Last edited by Bob_of_QF; 05-13-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post

Second way.....

--There is a tiny, tiny pin hole between the headphone jack and the HDMI port. That is a reset button, you can press that with a small paperclip.

Hope that helps,
    Jewels
    Ahhhh!!!!! Horror! Who told you that that is the reset button? That is the tablet's microphone. Always double check your info before you give away.
    (Don't worry though, I made the same wrong assumption before; but, I did double check before I started poking into it. )

>>> Sent from my TF101 (powered with sometimes crappy ICS) using Tapatalk 2 <<<
    Sent from an electric brain (電腦) powered by one of the following OS:
    [1] Android ICS (Asus TF101, B60), (sometimes crappy) w Nvidia Tegra 2,
    [2] Win 7 (Asus 1215N), (rarely crappy) w Intel Atom, NexGen NVidia Ion,
    [3] WinXP (Acer AspireOne), (sometimes crappy) w Intel Atom
    ...But, I love them all anyway...

>>>WISHLIST: [1] TF700T, [2] TAICHI, [3] Mac Book Pro or Air (???) or Retina (???)<<<

=====( 11:11 )
    "Caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar..."
    [Traveller, there is no path, you create the path as you move forward...]
    >Antonio Machado (1875-1939)<

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Bob_of_QF,

I am so sorry for giving out incorrect information, I hope it didn't mess up your mic. (I feel so bad) It was given to me by the tech whom I took it to. I had not tried to do it but the tech did show me how a paperclip would fit in there.

Jewels
    Last edited by Jewels; 05-14-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: remove title

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links