Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Goes to sleep mode constantly.

I just received my device 06\17\2010 i have been having a large amount of issue with the screen powering off on its on. i have tried to hold the power button down to reactivate it comes to the password screen the minute i put in the password it goes dark again. I have tried holding it down for 16 seconds no luck. if i dont touch it for about 1 hour or so it will work again for a brief amount of time. i have even went as far as doing a factory reset. it will work for a a half of a day and start the samething all over again.

so far im not likeing my new toy.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    You're the master and the transformer is the slave. Go to settings which is located in apps upper right hand of screen. Settings is listed alphabetically. tap settings and you've got control with everything in there. Oh yes, make sure you're updated to the 3.1 firmware also.
    Last edited by mrumm49; 06-21-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Im updated to the newest firmware and 3.1 the device is set to never sleep. this is getting old every evening it will go to sleep and won't fully wake up. i can tell its running as i get email alerts. to resolve the issue i have to perform a factory rest and set it all back up again. i have even tried to turn the auto brightness off and the same thing happens. it look like it is running normal but as soon as i put in my password the screen blanks out and will not wake up again.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I suggest unplugging the power cord and shutting the unit off and trying a Hard Reset. Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together and hold them for 10-12 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. See if this clears up your problem. Be sure and do this with the dock connected.

Also how long do you have your screen set to time out for? You do know that if it is just sleeping you just give the power button a quick press and release to wake it up? Sorry for the obvious here, just trying to help.
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 06-22-2011 at 06:24 AM.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    did all that and the same thing happens. i have wiped it and tried to use it pretty much stock. setup email and wifi only, same still happens. contacted best buy. they are shipping out a replacement. hope this one works. if not going to try out the thrive or the Acer

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prothos View Post
    did all that and the same thing happens. i have wiped it and tried to use it pretty much stock. setup email and wifi only, same still happens. contacted best buy. they are shipping out a replacement. hope this one works. if not going to try out the thrive or the Acer
    Good luck with round 2 and let us know how it goes.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have found something strange. The tf seems to not have the screen shutting off issue as long as i have ac power connected. Once i disconnect it from power my screen issue returns. The battery shows 100% charged.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prothos View Post
    I have found something strange. The tf seems to not have the screen shutting off issue as long as i have ac power connected. Once i disconnect it from power my screen issue returns. The battery shows 100% charged.
    This is still the original that BB is replacing right? Yeah there is something defective in the unit and it's hard to say what but again hopefully your replacement will make the nightmare all worthwile!
    Current Devices:

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Received replacement transformed from Bestbuy Friday 06\24\11 No issues so far. i have used it all weekend. I noticed a small amount of light bleed but can only really see it in a dark room so im not to worried about it. But no random screen powering off issues. This one has the B5 serial number was reading these seem to be a better batch.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Fantastic! Glad to hear your news.
    Current Devices:

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links