Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times

Question First post: Battery Problems

Hi, I realize this problem has been posted several times. I CANT find a direct answer to my problems though.
    #1. The battery indicator shows 100% but the light on the dock never goes from orange to green like the manual says it should.
    #2. When the unit is on it won't continue charging despite a pre-assembled AC adapter and an apparent tight fit of the parts. It only continues to charge up when the unit is powered off.
    #3. The other day the battery said 90% with a short use. I turned it completely off for a few days. Today it says 20% left. Is the GPS or something left on all the time even when powered off? One of the main reasons I bought it was for the very long battery life. It's not meeting my expectations thus far.
    #4. How long are any of you averaging to charge both tablet and keyboard? I felt the adapter was "hot" which means charging but even though I had it plugged in for one hour it still reads 20%. This is pretty frustrating!
    #5. I have read mixed reviews of the 3.1 update. I tried to do it but it got stuck at the update screen. I didn't realize at the time that the battery was too low. This probably was a very good thing as it prevented me having a brand new "brick". Does the update here resolve the battery and other problems (playing you tube etc.)?
    Asus says to send it back but with all the problems I had to even buy one this is a last option.....
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101
    Version V8.4.4.5(US)
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by davioh; 06-21-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I think it was stated by someone to turn the plug in the wall around. It should only fit one way but it fits both ways and causes problems if not plugged in right. Maybe somebody has a better answer.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times

add on to the first post updating to 3.1

I've tried TEN PLUS times downloading to micro sd card....I get the progress bar....for anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds then Exclaimation point...and nothing....I was under the impression it was to be consumer friendly! I spent about 5-6 hours over the past few days...I've quick formatted the micro sd card, standard formatted it, tried downloading the update from 2 different sources, double checked the status to see if an OTA is available (while connected to wifi) etc.
    Last edited by davioh; 06-22-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    anybody else out there have problems updating?

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    I found out why my transformer looks and acts so strangely (no Polaris office, walpaper looks different than manual shows, difficulties with battery charging, dual battery widget not working and mentioning "custom version of kernel", updates not taking). My home screen was set to las vegas and my build number says 2.2 ventana. I guess I have one of their test units even though it was in a sealed box! It even has a test application that monitors cpu temp, GPU testing etc. I saw a very long post about this in XDA forums from a month ago. Is this a rare transformer that I have?

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrumm49 View Post
    I think it was stated by someone to turn the plug in the wall around. It should only fit one way but it fits both ways and causes problems if not plugged in right. Maybe somebody has a better answer.
    You cannot do that in the UK. 3 prongs

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links