Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I desperately need help!

  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    28364
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    I desperately need help!

    I bought the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer for my g/f for Christmas. I got her the 32gb model and the keyboard. I don't make much money at all and had to save quite awhile for it.

    She told me last night that since the firmware updated it has been running VERY slow. Slow to the point of basically being unusable.

    She tried doing a 'hard reset' but said that didn't help anything.

    I really need to install the previous version of Android on her tablet. Can someone please help us?

  2. #2
    TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2978
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    /EARTH/USA/NC/
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    15,780
    Liked
    2676 times
    Sorry for your troubles. There is a chance a pre-installed app is causing an issue.

    I would start by backing up all data on your tablet (pictures, downloads, movies, music, documents, etc) and then use the app "App Backup" and backup your apps (using APPS & DATA) in multiple backups up to 600 MB per each.

    Save the backup data to a microSD, USB, cloud storage, or something similar.

    Next I would try a factory data reset (which puts it to the out of the box ICS installation).

    Be sure to untick the "restore apps from my google account" during setup.

    If it still acts slow and you need to go back to HC, you need to root and go back. I encourage you to read the "thinking of rooting" link in my signature.

    To root, follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1427125
    and do a ViperMod with Option 1.
    Once you are rooted, make sure you install ClockWorkMod Recovery: http://db.tt/W0Hil4Kb
    Finally, run through this to get back to Honeycomb: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1527931
    The latest Honeycomb Build is 8.6.5.21 from the ASUS Support site.


    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

    Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    28364
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you very much for the reply! I think rooting it will void the warranty on the unit, and it seems very complicated (to me at least). We will try backing everything up and do a factory reset to see if that fixes things. If not it might be best for us to just send it back for a replacement as it is still under warranty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Sorry for your troubles. There is a chance a pre-installed app is causing an issue.

    I would start by backing up all data on your tablet (pictures, downloads, movies, music, documents, etc) and then use the app "App Backup" and backup your apps (using APPS & DATA) in multiple backups up to 600 MB per each.

    Save the backup data to a microSD, USB, cloud storage, or something similar.

    Next I would try a factory data reset (which puts it to the out of the box ICS installation).

    Be sure to untick the "restore apps from my google account" during setup.

    If it still acts slow and you need to go back to HC, you need to root and go back. I encourage you to read the "thinking of rooting" link in my signature.

  4. #4
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    853
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento Ca
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    3,388
    Liked
    689 times
    Hope this works for you. There are others, including me, who are having troubles with ICS and am anxiously awaiting some firmware bugfixes from Asus to get our tablets running like they used to. Good luck!

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    28364
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    ps - is there a simple step-by-step to do a factory reset on that tablet? (it's NOT the "prime" version).

    I'm guessing this is it? :
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Troubleshooting Eee Pad Transformer TF101

  6. #6
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    853
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento Ca
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    3,388
    Liked
    689 times
    You can go through Settings to do a factory (wipe data) reset.

    (Settings> Backup and reset> Factory data reset)
    Last edited by mrumm49; 03-04-2012 at 12:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    28364
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrumm49 View Post
    You can go through Settings to do a factory (wipe data) reset.

    (Settings> Backup and reset> Factory data reset)
    Aaahh yes, I thought there would be a selection for it in the menus. I don't have the tablet with me right now (it's at her place). We'll try the factory wipe/reset after she's done backing up her photos/music/apps. Thanks again. (I'll reply back after we've had a chance reset it, with the outcome)

  8. #8
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    853
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento Ca
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    3,388
    Liked
    689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by z0diac View Post
    Aaahh yes, I thought there would be a selection for it in the menus. I don't have the tablet with me right now (it's at her place). We'll try the factory wipe/reset after she's done backing up her photos/music/apps. Thanks again. (I'll reply back after we've had a chance reset it, with the outcome)
    Please do. I haven't done the factory reset yet because I'm in the middle of backing up my 10 months worth of data. And my TF won't stay stable enough to accomplish this in a timely manner.

  9. #9
    TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2978
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    /EARTH/USA/NC/
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    15,780
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrumm49 View Post
    Hope this works for you. There are others, including me, who are having troubles with ICS and am anxiously awaiting some firmware bugfixes from Asus to get our tablets running like they used to. Good luck!
    Wow, I read the bold part as FIREBUG FIXES.

    And to z0diac, rooting does technically void your warranty but using that process it will unroot you back to 100% stock and ASUS will never be able to tell it was rooted.


    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

    Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

  10. #10
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    3976
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    1,499
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Wow, I read the bold part as FIREBUG FIXES.
    Started on the hard stuff a bit early then Fred?
    mrumm49 and Frederuco like this.
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

asus transformer how to go back to hc

,

reset de una tablet asus

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:20 AM.