Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Solution? ehh..

Hi guys!

I have read lots of forums about this issue and probable solutions.
    In my case there are two problems: shutdown because deep sleep and shutdown because battery drain.

1. deep sleep issue:
    There are some possible causes, but I find the key: there is an app in market called "softlocker free" which will prevent device from deep sleep. Continuous running of this app prevents my tf from shutdown for days now, so I should be satisfied. In the background, the minimum cpu freq above deep sleep is 216mhz. This means that with softlocker, tablet will operate on 216mhz all the time when screen is off. One evening without wifi and any running apps means minus ~15%. The same with wifi means around 20-25% minus. So we will have a tablet which won't die in deep sleep but will drain battery 2 times faster than should. I forgot to mention, this issue remained with 4.0.3 too and asus doesn't do anything
    Solutions mention other apps, like "auto airplane mode", wifi off before switching of screen, etc, but after I tested all, I can say that only softlocker prevent issue. However because of lack of deep sleep I recommend using auto airplane mode to save battery...

2. battery drain:
    Solution? Remove the dual battery widget! I tested nearly every app on my tablet but the key is this sh*t widget. It drains my battery when leaving tablet screen-off for e.g. 60mins. Simply delete it and no battery drain will happen.

Others:
    I tested every time without dock. I think there is a slightly chance that dock can mess upp things. I will try "softlocker environment" with docked tablet too and share my experiences later.

I hope I helped you all

Quote Originally Posted by Ockram View Post
    Guys this is a really strange problem!!!
    First of all, all people have differents problems (tablet shut down, table continue to reboot) that each solved in a different way (removing the lockscreen method, turn the WiFi always on and so on..). I have also this problem but i don't found any solution! Maybe for 2 days the shut down don't appear but, ALWAYS, it came back for me and this is REALLY FRUSTRATING!
    I see that not all tablets having this problem, despite having the same firmware..so how is it possible if is a software problem??
    I turned back my transformer to ASUS and i want to change it..I may be lucky and get a new one that have not this problem because on mine I really don't know how to solve this problem and for 399 the tablet MUST WORK WELL!!!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    One more thing:
    Somebody mentioned that issue probably comes from charging:
    I've never tried this, but he said his soultion was to shut down tablet immediately after detaching the chraging cable every time (both w/ and w/o dock). <<< with this you probably don't have to use softlocker and save battery.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mateprozlik View Post
    One more thing:
    Somebody mentioned that issue probably comes from charging:
    I've never tried this, but he said his soultion was to shut down tablet immediately after detaching the chraging cable every time (both w/ and w/o dock). <<< with this you probably don't have to use softlocker and save battery.
    I don't believe that will result in any significant changes to mis-behaving.

A new Ice Cream Sandwich (Android v4.x) version started being rolled out int he past day or so...and the symptoms may very weill go away thereafter. A number of folks who had reboot/shutdown symptoms have reported that those issues have "gone away" after the updated version. You could check in your settings under "About Tablet" and check for the update to see if you can get it today.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    I don't believe that will result in any significant changes to mis-behaving.
    A number of folks who had reboot/shutdown symptoms have reported that those issues have "gone away" after the updated version.
    Well I had this issue before updating to ICS. Last nigth my transformer goes in reboot mode continually. The light of the screen woke me up, I tried to reboot by pressing the volume down/up but nothing. I was tired and juste leave my transformer... In the morning , my transformer was shutdown. And now I can't wake it up ! ... Purhaps ICS prevent the deep sleep mode. But I didn't solve the probleme of waking up the f***g battery

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Random Reboots, and Sleep of Death, Hung boots.

The latest "Work Around I've Seen", install "Wake Lock" seems to have worked for me. I have a relatively new Transformer, not rooted, ICS was installed within an hour of starting the system. Have been having SOD, RR, and Hung reboots draining battery. I am using the "Dock" but have seen problems with and without.

With Wake Lock, I've been up for 46 hours now. This is a new record for me... I'll update as things progress.
    Wake Lock, prevents some battery saving, but I've been docked for 24 hours and my dock is currently at 69% tablet is at 99%. I'll take this over what I've been dealing with. No hung boots, No RR, No SOD... I'm happy right now.

Jim

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    Wow. It's kind of creepy how much mateprozlik's post and the following thread I posted after he commented come to the same conclusion:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...m-reboots.html

My current reboot free setup is in my sig. I still use Dual Battery Widget but an older version (v0.7.7).

I didn't know Honeycomb experienced the same reboot/shutdown behavior.
    Devices: ASUS Transformer TF101 16GB B40K (Stock ICS) + dock B50K | Nexus One (Stock Gingerbread) | Archos 101 Gen8 (Stock Gingerbread)
    Current TF101 ICS build: US_9.2.1.24-20120503
    Random TF101 ICS reboot fix test run#1: Random reboot free from 3/21/2012 to 3/29/2012. Using SoftLocker FREE* app w/ WiFi always on.
    Current random TF101 ICS reboot fix config: Wake Lock + Auto Airplane Mode + manual reboot each night + disabled unused ASUS apps + minimal sync services

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds like what mine kept doing. I sent it in for RNA (what a nightmare). Eventually I got a new main board and the issue has never returned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links