Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By technologeek

Thread: Transformer Help Needed Urgently!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Question Transformer Help Needed Urgently!

Hello:

I have had my transformer (with keyboard) for a couple of days now and, for the most part, I love it. However, there are some things that absolutely infuriate me! I guess I have used Windoze too long 'cause I expect Android to behave like windows and it certainly does not!

I am having three problems (well, actually many more, but only three that I am going to address now)!

First, I am trying to move/copy files from one directory to another and I cannot manage it! I have two file managers, the one that came with the Tablet, and ASTRO. I downloaded Android 3.1 (I think - see the second question) but I could not move it from /mnt/sdcard/Download to the root directory of the SD card! Can anyone please tell me the secret of moving files, copying files, creating directories, etc?

My second problem is attempting to update Android from 3.0.1 to 3.1. I downloaded UpdateLauncher_WW_epaduser8445 from the Asus site (actually I downloaded it about six times and everyone of them is flagged as corrupt by WinZip!) and I had to put it in the root directory of my SD card in Windoze - I couldn't figure out how to move it there in Android! I notice, however, that the instructions say to load it on the root directory of the MicroSD Card - Is that my problem? Do I HAVE to use a MicroSD card for this (I've ordered one but I don't have one now)?

My third problem is how do I stop a program from running once I start it - I can't see a small X anywhere!!

Any help anyone can give would be most appreciated!

Regards,

Sparky

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    About your update problem, you should be able to update it fairly easily if you do it from under the Settings.

As for your third problem, Android is built in such a way that you DO NOT HAVE TO stop a program (app). The OS automatically takes care of it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    #1 - in the TF file manager just check the box to the left of any file and a contextual menu will appear at the top of the screen for copy,paste, etc. Then go to the folder you want to paste and select paste from the top of the screen.

#2 - if you are trying to update manually (instead of going to Settings/about tablet/system update) then you do need to put it on the root of a physical micro SD. Which will show up under the file browser of the TF as "removable" not "micro SD". Micro SD is the internal storage of the TF (confusing. I know).

#3 - go to settings/applications/running services to see some processes running. Doesn't show all apps tho. See Szaim's response. You shouldn't have to kill them.

* also do not unzip the update file. It needs to be in zip format for the update process to work. But you shouldn't need to go the SD route if the update appears using my answer #2.
    Last edited by technologeek; 06-19-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Jill likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Sparky did this help you out? Once you get the hang of Android it's not that bad. So don't get too stressed because that's kinda why this forum is here. When you get perplexed just search the threads, start a new one, or PM a friend who is on to see if he or she can fix you up.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links