Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MyLibrary crashes every time I try to start the Asus reader

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

MyLibrary crashes every time I try to start the Asus reader

Hello,

I am enjoying my Transformer for a little week now and I'm fairly happy. Since I also own a Galaxy S for half a ear I dared to play with the android file system, clearing and/or moving some files.
    This I did with the filesystem on the Transformer. When rebooting this day I noticed the Asus reader crashes everytime: the process com.asus.reader stops. The two files of the demo book Alice In wonderland have the file permissions "-RW".
    I just deleted some directories I thought it belonged to uninstalled apps...

What can I do to restore the filesystem infrastructure belonging to the Asus Reader?
    Is there an official Honeycomb bookreader with the exact same page animations like the Asus Reader?
    brjohns99 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i kinda have a similar problem, the same process stops. but in my case i guess it is depending on the vibe service that ist not running. when you go into mycloud can u go into vibe tab without getting an error service not found ?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes I was able to enter MyCloud and the Vibe tab without problems.
    Related to my first post, I already tried a factory reset but alas did not have effect.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    try deleting the 2 default files that come with your transformer for ur mylibrary. worked for me and vibe now working aswell again. the 2 file are the alice in wonderland *.png and *.epub

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I wonder if a "Clear Data" under the My Library app in settings would have also fixed this. I have had some cache issues with other library apps before and this fixed it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I cleared the data from my library app and it still crashes when starting the book app.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jte2010 View Post
    I cleared the data from my library app and it still crashes when starting the book app.
    i am having the same problem. my @ vibe service is not running. have also done a reset, and stil it doesnt work. i have tried to delete the demo book but it keeps returning. any help would be greaty appreciated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did a google on com.asus.reader and came across this thread. Read it and followed a few suggestion, even threw a few chicken bones. As a last resort I did the unthinkable and called Asus support. After going through the formalities I was told the MyLibrery server was down. I said "No, no you misunderstand me, the Mylibrary app on my tf101 will not read the epub on my tf101. He politely replied that the MyLibrary server in the cloud is down and when it is up within 24 hours, I will be able to read my ebooks.

Think about this, I mean think about cloud computing! The solution is not that difficult for a well behaved cloud app, put the device in airplane mode, e.g. wifi off.
    Last edited by tetrasys; 07-05-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

MyLibrary workaround

WOW. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I put it in airplane mode and BAM - it's working fine. I hope they fix the server soon, since I'd still like to get my email notifications while I'm reading.

FYI, I had gone through - fix permissions ... and when that didn't work, cleared the data and cache for the app -- and when that didn't work, reflashed Prime!1.5 and THEN fixed permissions -- and was at my last step before doing a full reflash with a factory data reset. Boy, I'm glad I didn't go that far :-)

**edit**

It appears that once MyLibrary is running in Airplane Mode, you can then turn Airplane Mode off, and the app will continue running. So you CAN read and get your emails.
    Last edited by reisa; 07-06-2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: update

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I asked this elsewhere, but hope it's OK to ask again: how does one turn airplane mode on?

(having the same problem with Book Reader - MyLibrary)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links