Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times

Dolphin HD not working on TF101 with keyboard

Hi,
    I installed Dolphin HD trying to improve my browsing experience but had serious problems:

1) Because I am using the keyboard, my tablet is aligned horizontally. Dolphin HD would only display vertically and does not seem to auto rotate to match the orientation of the tablet.

2) I tried to access my gmail and gave up after 5 attempts. Despite slowly typing my gmail address and password I got an "incorrect" notice each time. I did not type either of them incorrectly so something else is at fault.

I've uninstalled Dolphin HD due to these problems. Has anyone else had issues like this with it?

Thanks for reading and any suggestions you may have.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Hi,
    Dolphin HD is generally regarded as one of the best browsers available & I have never heard of these issues being experienced by anyone else.

Having uninstalled the app, I would do a Hard Reset http://www.transformerforums.com/for...html#post97001 with the dock attached, and then install the app from the market again, when you shoud find that it works normally.

Added by Edit
    You will find that the web based version of Google Mail is best described as "clunky" when accessed from the tf. You should also find that if you use the stock browser, that auto login is possible because the system will use the details you have already registered with it for your google account/s. Personally, I have googlemail set to use the html display option. That works just fine.

The keyboard "lag" you may be experiencing does not happen using the Opera browser. Personally, I use 3 browsers. Opera for when I will be typing a lot - as here; Dolphin for Pad for the majority of the time; & the stock browser for accessing googlemails web interface.

And as Jeffrey says, below, check your autorotate setting (Hi Jeffrey)
    Last edited by janner43; 02-20-2012 at 01:41 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    I would also check your setting to confirm auto rotation is enabled

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    Not sure what that attempted install did but now I have additional problems.
    I normally use the desktop version of gmail and it was working except the cursor would always move away from where I was typing ...first one space ahead, then another, then another and soon it becomes crazy just trying to type. Same thing was happening when replying to messages here or trying to compose them. I see others have this problem too. Right now I'm on my laptop because things just don't seem to work on the TF101 for me.
    Anyway ..now when I open gmail from the shortcut I've been using which opens it in the desktop view ...I cannot type an email. I hit 'compose' and a new email opens, but I can hit the keys endlessly and nothing shows up ..I do see little bursts of letters in the boxes but they just show and disappear, and no letters appear in the To: or the Title: or the body of the message. It was working before installing Dolphin. I uninstalled Dolphin from Settings and shut down and restarted the 101 after that. Something went wacky though.

If I use the default gmail app I can type in that ..just not in the 'desktop' version. I hate the default one due to no contacts etc.

If I remove the tablet from the keyboard and then try to type in the gmail desktop version ..I don't even get an onscreen keyboard ..so I can't do anything.

I sometimes get a message indicating I need to set the keyboard to Asus Keyboard ..but that is what it is set to, so it isn't even reading its own configuration correctly. I tried the English US, The English Canada ..and neither one work any differently ...no characters show up in gmail in the desktop version.

I even accessed gmail with the default, tested the typing there and it worked, then I accessed the desktop view from there and tried and no luck... won't type!

I guess I'll have to do a complete reset and start all over. (this will be the 8th or 9th time since getting the device and I've even sent it in for service once ..due to the cursor wandering all over the page as I try to type (trackpad is turned off). I really hadn't expected these devices to be so unreliable. I've spent far more time trying to get it to work than I have using it constructively. Not sure if I have a bad machine or just no luck. Can't seem to go 10 minutes on it without something going wrong.

Anyway ..appreciate you trying to help.
    Last edited by jjl; 02-20-2012 at 02:13 AM. Reason: thought I saw repeated words but it looks like there are some but when I move down a line the repeats disappear. Geez Louise!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Sorry you are having such a frustrating experience. Did you read my added by edit section? I would try a hard reset & Opera browser, both before you do any factory reset, and afterwards if you do one, before you install anything else.

The factory reset is in settings, privacy & should be performed with the dock attached.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi again,
    Yes I did the cold boot as described and have the same problem. I notice that the little x on the browser's tab flickers dim and bright as I type. I'll just turn it off for now and try once more in the morning in case it is an overheating problem. I met a guy at an airport last week who has an ASUS laptop with this huge fan bilt in. We talked about my tablet's cursor problem and he told me he had the same problem with 2 Asus laptops, and that they finally upgraded him to this one with the big fan. Really it looked like you could put backpack straps on it and be a 'rocket man'.

I did get the extended warranty from Staples when I bought the tablet ..so if this stuff keeps up I may have to ask for a replacement. I got the keyboard online later though.

Just tried the desktop version of gmail with only the tablet, and when I click in a dialogue box ..I get no onscreen keyboard so it is now right out to lunch ..since installing Dolphin.
    arrgggghhhh! Gotta love it! At least it looks like the keyboard isn't the problem ..its something in the way the tablet is working (or not working).

I'll see what morning brings. Tablet certainly doesn't feel warm at all though.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    It really doesn't sound like any experience I have personally, or anyone else I have heard of. As you have the extended warranty with Staples & won't need to deal with the Asus RMA experience, I would have no hesitation in getting the tablet replaced (the dock will work with any tf101) - your experience is way below that which I have enjoyed. My tf101 is everything I would have hoped it would be. I am disappointed for you that yours isn't.
    Last edited by janner43; 02-20-2012 at 02:52 AM.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I use Dolphin primarilly for web browsing. But, it has some quirks. The cursor gets ahead of where you are typing, and there is a touch of lag. Also, GMail web browsers do not seem to work well. Using the virtual keyboard, the keyboard does not pop up to compose an email. Using the physical keyboard will crash when trying to compose.

I use the app Kaiten for my GMail (and other email accounts).

Also, for text heavy web browsing, Opera Mobile is my choice.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links