Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I can't connect my tablet to my house Wi-fi.

Hi, my english isn't the best in the world so please forgive me if I put gramatical errors everywhere ^^'.

So here is the problem. I can't connect the tablet to my house Wi-Fi. In the begening i thought it could be the Wi-Fi captor in the tablet itself (because I disconnect, reconnect my Router A LOT of time, changed the password, ect). In fact, I followed what leeshor said in an other post but it's not working at all.

After a few days of hiting my head on a bricks wall, i think about trying to connect my tablet to my school Wi-fi. IT WORKED!! The problem is not from the tablet (I think) because I made as a test to go all over the school (4 floors) and the signal was good enough to get a fluid internet connection.

My Rooter, Wi-Fi, is a WPA/WPA2 PSK connection. I'm living in Canada (maybe it change something?) and when i try to connect the tablet to my house Wi-Fi I get this message:
    Identification, scanning.... disconnect, scanning(and it's stay on this ''scanning'')

Plus, when I click on my Wi-Fi server I get this message:
    Security: WPA/WPA2 PSK |
    Signal strength: Fair |
    Link speed: -1Mbps |
    ______________________________|
    Forget | Cancel |

I need help NOW, cause I don't want to write all my school notes on the tablet if i'm going to give it back to Asus (if i can't get internet at home ***** this ^^'). I have a lot of stuffs to do for school and this Wi-FI problem make me waste precious time :S. Thank for the futur help.
    Last edited by Mytar; 02-15-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors and no sens sentences correction :p.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    998 times
    Hello Mytar and welcome to the forum. Have you checked the channel your router is set to. The TF does not like the higher channels try setting your router to channel 6

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hum.... I'm the greatest noob in those kind of thing in the world.... How can I change the channel of my router?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytar View Post
    So here is the problem. I can't connect the tablet to my house Wi-Fi. In the beginning i thought it could be the Wi-Fi captor in the tablet itself (because I disconnect, reconnect my Router A LOT of time, changed the password, ect). In fact, I followed what leeshor said in an other post but it's not working at all.
    Not sure if it will help you, but I had a problem not too dissimilar with my Transformer recognizing the wireless connection, but it wouldn't authenticate. The Fix? Just a few minutes ago, I updated the firmware on my router. After that, everything connects great and is recognized instantly. My Transformer lists the connection as "Excellent". I can't ask for more than that.
    Last edited by Upscale; 02-16-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    998 times
    Hum.... I'm the greatest noob in those kind of thing in the world.... How can I change the channel of my router?
    In your browser type 192.168.1.1 you should get a promt for user and password type admin for both. You should now be in the routers UI. If the channel is set for auto change it to 6 and save the settings and exit the UI. Restart your TF and log in.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

fdgfgd

Can I do it from my home laptop? Even if I didn't instal the router on this one? By the way it's not working at all when i tried it on the tablet. (I will take a look on this after school).
    Last edited by Mytar; 02-16-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    149 times
    I apologize in advance for this suggestion, but for the 5 people I have suggested it to 2 of found this to be the problem.

I had the same problem Transformer would start to connect and could not.
    Transformer would have full wifi signal try to connect couldn't and signal would drop to 0.
    Go to coffee shop, hotel,it would hook right up.

The problem was the wrong password entered for home wifi.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kgragert View Post

The problem was the wrong password entered for home wifi.
    I thought it's could be the problem , at first. So I tried a lot of way to write my password. In fact my father changed it after my '' try 1 milion ways to type a pasword - wonderfull afternoun'' and the new one don't work too. I'm not an iliterate so I don't think that is a pasword problem. but I will probably try to type the password again.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    149 times
    I thought it's could be the problem , at first. So I tried a lot of way to write my password. In fact my father changed it after my '' try 1 milion ways to type a pasword - wonderfull afternoun'' and the new one don't work too. I'm not an iliterate so I don't think that is a pasword problem. but I will probably try to type the password again.
    I hope you didn't think I was implying you were illiterate, I wasn't, just the wrong password is a common issue.

All of us offer advice based on our own experiences, you never know will work so we offer whatever we have
    Last edited by kgragert; 02-16-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I hope you didn't think I was implying you were illiterate
    I was joking. Don't worry XD. Still no issue on my side to resolve the wi-fi (i don't understand how to change the channel omg u_U)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads