• 1 Post By Mickeylittle

Thread: Micro HDMI not being detected

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Micro HDMI not being detected

Hi All,

I'm having problems with my Transformer (TF201) - The problem is that it doesn't seem to be able to detect when a micro hdmi cable has been plugged into it.

A couple of weeks ago, after about 30 minutes of trying, it did recognise an Micro HDMI connection and outputted to the TV as I had hoped. However since unplugging the Micro HDMI cable, and then replugging it back in - I've not had any notification indicating that the Micro HDMI cable has been plugged back in.

So far to tackle the problem I've bought a new HDMI cable, updated the tablets firmware, reset the tablet but no success. Am I missing an obvious way of getting this working or is my tablet just broken?#

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Hey Andrew here is a thread that I started about 3 weeks ago on this issue.

HDMI Stopped working

Here are the steps I have taken to date:
    1. I have done a Factory Reset
    2. I have tried all 4 HDMI ports on the TV
    3. I have tried a second TV
    4. I have ordered and tried a second cable (stranger things have happened)
    5. I have called Asus Customer Support

My options are of course RMA but that means no tablet for 10-14 business days or wait to see if and when an ICS update may correct this issue for me.
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 02-09-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    andrew2110 likes this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you MickeyLittle - I tried all the steps you took too - Seems like the easiest option for me now is to just return it to amazon (seems easier to me than going through an asus approved repair person in New York), get a replacement and hope that the new one doesn't have this issue. It doesn't appear to be an issue for everyone (maybe there just aren't many people trying to use the micro hdmi feature? If someones happily using the latest version of the firmware and connecting to their tv - if they could let me know that'd be great!) so I'm now hoping when I receive a new one it will then work...

Anyways thanks for the reply, and sorry I didn't find that other thread before posting

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    No problem and welcome to the forum. Some people are having no problem with their HDMI so there is a very good chance that I'll be sending mine back via RMA to Asus in the next few days since this latest firmware had no effect on it.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    On my plasma I have to change settings of TV to HDMI 3, do you have to do that to your TV?
    rcca

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Same problem with mine. Was able to detect in HC,but after ICS no detection. Don't know if the problem is with the OS/Hdmi Port ...went to the service centre,they tried my cable and tablet on their tv, it didn't work.Tried the same cable with their own TF201 and it works. Anyway,I've sent mine over to the Service centre.They told me their first option would be to downgrade the OS to honeycomb if it still doesn't work, I'm not quite sure if they are going to repair it or replace with a new one.

What do you guys think ? OS OR HDMI PORT PROBLEM ...repair or replace ?

** I will be collecting my prime next week tues - wed (roughly around there) **

Cheers!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

HDMI Stopped working after upgrade

HDMI has been working with previous version of HC, recent test after ICS update and the HDMI does not work using same cables and TV.

TF201

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phorton View Post
    HDMI has been working with previous version of HC, recent test after ICS update and the HDMI does not work using same cables and TV.

TF201
    Welcome to the forum and though I hate to say it welcome to the crowd. Here is a link that maybe worth your time glancing at. I plan to RMA my tablet sometime soon but I'm convinced that my tablet has a hardware issue and my HDMI port has become loose and the cord will wiggle somewhat when plugged in. You may have a software issue and maybe a Cold Boot will fix it so I'll post those instructions as well.
    HDMI Stopped working

Cold Boot: Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together until after the normal start up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    Current Devices:

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

RMAing doesn't work either

I had the same issue of the HDMI port not working, despite working fine prior to failure. I RMA'd mine, and they returned it and just said it "tested ok." I tried it post-RMA and nothing had changed. I too tried different cables and different devices, so I know the problem is the tablet (and I reset and rebooted, updated, and now cold rebooted it with no change). The service tech said that they used a 1.3 amp cable to test it and it worked fine. I learned after I spoke with him that my new cable is also 1.3 amp. I called tech support again and asked if the HDMI cable type would actually matter, and he said no, as long as it actually fit in the port, they should all work. So now I'm returning it again (on their dime), but something tells me they will just send it back and say it worked when they tested it. This is incredibly frustrating because they can just say the problem is on my end because I can't verify that they actually did test it or if it actually worked when they did.

Anyone else here have the same problem with RMAing your tablet? If so, were you able to get them to fix it?

-Mike

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I may have answer to this. The first time I connected the HDMI port it worked fine, and I saw the connection message.. I disconnected but then couldn't get it working again.

Then I discovered that it only seems to work if the screen is OFF when you plug the cable in.. Odd, and but it seems consistent - I would be interested to know if this is the same for others who have had this problem.
    Last edited by dsowerby; 04-11-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links