Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How do I make folders to put games etc in

Hi there

I'm getting sooooooooo confused trying to make my TF easier to use. I've put lots of kids games on it, and there's very little space on the pages left to put anything new. I want to put them in folders and tidy things up. Is there a way to do that? Which app is best to get to do the job?

Lyne

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lyne View Post
    Hi there

I'm getting sooooooooo confused trying to make my TF easier to use. I've put lots of kids games on it, and there's very little space on the pages left to put anything new. I want to put them in folders and tidy things up. Is there a way to do that? Which app is best to get to do the job?

Lyne
    There are number of options on the MARKET that allow for grouping App icons, check them out ans see what one suits your needs.
    • Transformer TF101 16GB + 32 GB external SDcard Keyboard/Dock Android running Android 5.1.1
    • iPhone 6S 16GB - ​running IOS 9.3.1 OS
    • Apple iMac 21.5 Intel I5 -Quad Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Ram, OSX 10.11.4, external 21.5 monitor, 4.5TB storage

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm a complete doofus at this. Can you give me an idea of what I'd search for in the market? Like, a key word or two?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I assume you have the original TF? If so, just wait for the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) which should be due out any day now.

Then creating folders is just part of the new OS. Simply drag an app on top of any other, and it automatically creates a 'folder' that you can then rename.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Lyne, are you on the original Transformer or on the Transformer Prime?

If you're on the Transformer Prime then the upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) has folder creation as part of the new operating system. I put together a video of this in action here, it's the first video on this page around the 1 min 20 second mark here - Android 4.0 new features including folders.

If you're on the original Transformer then you'll need to pick the options from the Android Market as Hoggdoc suggests. Just go into the Android Market and do a search on "folders" and have a look to see what meets your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you both. Yup, original Honeycomb type thing. Still feels new to me, even if there is Prime now! :-P
    It's all a strange new world. But, having had an ipad to play with over the weekend, I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad I went with android!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Try using a different launcher other than the stock launcher. I really like ADW Launcher EX. With this it acts kinda like the iPad where you can drag for example like apps on top of each other and it creates a folder that you can rename/edit. Put all your Angry Birds together for example. There's lots of options compared to the stock launcher. Try this launcher and see if you like it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    51 times
    In addition to ADW Launcher EX as mrumm49 recommends I also like Folder Organizer from the market (currently using both). It allows for groups/labels to be applied to apps (similarly I had a folder for my daughter with her name for all her apps) then a folder shortcut for that group which has a customizable name/icon for the folder (using a picture of her for the icon in that example). Then as new apps are added you receive a notification to apply a label, and, once the label is applied, it automatically populates the app into the folder on the home screen. In ADW this can be done by creating groups from the app drawer, but the notification feature from the folder organizer app is a plus to serve as a reminder to update the groupings.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links