Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Basic Asus TF101 info needed

Forgive me for not searching the forum first, but I have spent days searching for the fix.

1. I was changing settings and enlarged the text and size of everything and now it is too large to see or use my search or browser bar :/

2. My gizmo is booting up very slowly...like over a minute. When typing now the text appearing on my screen does not keep up with the keyboard and it skips letters.

3. I tested the pattern security for boot up and backed out before applying changes. Well, it saved it anyway and I can't remove it.

Thank you ahead of time. I have had a very hard time using this thing and it is frustrating when I can't do simple things :/

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Hello,

First off I have moved this thread to "help" for you, rather than "general".

I must confess that your post wasn't that easy for me to understand. But if I get the gist, you are having a lot of problems but haven't had the tf101 long.

I think the simplest solution woud be to try 2 things. Firstly a cold boot which will not delete any data. If that doesn't work, the you could perform the nuclear option of a factory reset which will put the tf back the way it was when you first bought it. All user data will be deleted. Any paid apps will still be yours as they are recorded at the market as being attached to your gmail account.

Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

Factory reset
    Do the same as above, but move the green highlight cursor from the android man to the wipe data icon using the volume key. The screen tells you if it is vol up or vol down, I can't remember at the moment. This will wipe all the data from the tf101 & restore it to factory fresh settings.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    9 times
    To change from the "visible pattern" unlock, simply go to the settings app, then Location & Security and uncheck "Use Visible Pattern" then Click on Configure Lock Screen. You will need to use the pattern you previously recorded then you will be given the options available from Off to Password.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    For the browser issues, what browser are you using? I know the stock browser has input lag in Honeycomb. This will be fixed in ICS whenever it comes out, but in the mean time try another browser. Opera Mobile and Dolphin HD are my two favorites.

Boot up time - the more apps you have (especially ones that use internet like weather, email, market, etc. to check for updates) and also the widgets on your home screens affect the boot time. I had about a 3 minute boot time, and over 250 apps installed. I did a wipe and it booted in 30-35 seconds. Then I restored my apps and my 3 minute boot was back. I wiped again and then installed only the core (~75) apps that I use often. Now I have about a 1 minute boot time.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    THANK YOU SO MUCH I am fixed, lol

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm not sure what browser I am using, but I haven't made any changes. If I choose to use Opera Mobile will I be given an option between the two or will I need to delete the original.
    Another issue since it just popped up again. When I select reply and I am prompted to begin typing....it is always in CAPS...I then have to highlight, delete and begin typing again and it is in normal font size. Is this normal? I hate it!

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Yes, it is normal when you click in a text box to type, it will re-size. I'm not sure if there is a setting to change that or not. As for the browser, if you download Opera Mobile or Opera HD it will be just like any other app. Whichever you choose to open will be the one you use at that time. You will have an icon for each of them to choose between. I have heard good things about Boat Browser as well, not sure if it does the re-size thing or not. as for always starting in caps, it usually will capitalize the first letter for you, I haven't ever seen it do caps for any other letters than the first one, and then the first after a punctuation mark. Hope that helps.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links