Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please Help: Superuser permissions after Nachoroot

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Please Help: Superuser permissions after Nachoroot

So here I find myself after I realize I may have gotten slightly over my head but here's a quick overview of my Transformer history and what I've done to it:

Got it at black friday sale, waited a week then i used Razorclaw app to root and everything went fine. Installed ad-free and OTA root protector but i never actually set up the root protector i just had it installed so these were the 2 apps i had with granted superuser permission.

Somewhere along the line i got the OTA update to 8.6.5.21 which nullified my root. Did some research found Nachoroot method read about up on it so i went ahead and did it. First try i was dumb and didn't input the parameters for the multiple stages. Here's where my idiocy comes in. For some reason I revoke ad-free and OTA superuser permissions and delete them. Try Nachoroot again with parameters everything works fine.

So now my issue: I cannot grant superuser permissions for ad-free or OTA, or anything else at this point (currently trying with Market Enabler which even though it is set to prompt or allow all is still getting denied)

OTA root protector does say my tablet is rooted but I can't figure out Superuser at all. Really not sure where to go from here my tablet works fine (at least to my knowledge) but I'm lost as to what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried installing SuperUser from the Android Market?

Here is the link: https://market.android.com/details?i...fou.android.su

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for responding Frederuco, and yes i have tried installing the SuperUser app from the market. The problem is that SuperUser was never "uninstalled" since my original root with Razorclaw in late Novemeber / early December (i forget the actual date).I've been trying to find a solution since my original post as to whether i could unroot and remove superuser, or if i should attempt to properly fix my root and get superuser working.

I'd currently would like to do whatever i have to, to be able to upgrade to ICS when it becomes available for my transformer so anything that could help me get there from where i am would be very helpful.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohentai View Post
    Thank you for responding Frederuco, and yes i have tried installing the SuperUser app from the market. The problem is that SuperUser was never "uninstalled" since my original root with Razorclaw in late Novemeber / early December (i forget the actual date).I've been trying to find a solution since my original post as to whether i could unroot and remove superuser, or if i should attempt to properly fix my root and get superuser working.

I'd currently would like to do whatever i have to, to be able to upgrade to ICS when it becomes available for my transformer so anything that could help me get there from where i am would be very helpful.
    If you are rooted, you should be able to run SuperUser and grant permissions when needed.

You should also be able to unroot and delete SuperUser using the NachoRoot unroot method (I have not used it, but it is out there) and be back to stock ready for ICS. Also, OTA Rootkeeper is supposed to work when upgrading to ICS, but it may not work.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    is there anyway to tell if i'm actually rooted or not? I followed every instruction for the Nachoroot except for the last step where it says to install SuperUser because it was already on there so that makes me think it is indeed rooted but since Superuser says that its denying everything superuser permission it makes me think i'm not actually rooted and something went wrong but i have no way of knowing.

Do you think i should try doing the Nachoroot method again? and what about SuperUser? i'm not familair with removing it via NachoRoot but i'll see if i can find some information about it but should i try removing it with my current state?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i just found root check basic from the market and it says that i am NOT properly rooted. so this leads me to my next question.

i am pretty confident i followed all the instructions from Nachoroot properly EXCEPT for installing SuperUser at the end. So i think i should probably try to go through the entire process again but i dont know what to do about SuperUser? can i remove it before i attempt to root again? or if im not rooted at all can i simply delete super user and be "stock" ? Thanks for all the help so far.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    i just found root check basic from the market and it says that i am NOT properly rooted. so this leads me to my next question.

i am pretty confident i followed all the instructions from Nachoroot properly EXCEPT for installing SuperUser at the end. So i think i should probably try to go through the entire process again but i dont know what to do about SuperUser? can i remove it before i attempt to root again? or if im not rooted at all can i simply delete super user and be "stock" ? Thanks for all the help so far.
    If you are not rooted, you may be able to remove the SuperUser app in the settings, but the /System/xbin/su will still be present. You may be able to remove this with an ADB command and be back to stock.

Your other option is to attempt to root with NachoRoot and install SU again (should just overwrite the existing).

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I found another post with a different user that you were helping Frederuco! You're a busy man I don't think you get paid enough!

I think i'm going to follow his instructions and manually delete the superuser.apk and the /xbin/su folder and restart and hope it all works out.

I'll report back with whether or not i was successful
    Frederuco likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    I found another post with a different user that you were helping Frederuco! You're a busy man I don't think you get paid enough!

I think i'm going to follow his instructions and manually delete the superuser.apk and the /xbin/su folder and restart and hope it all works out.

I'll report back with whether or not i was successful
    I know he doesn't get paid enough!

Hope you get it worked out!
    Frederuco likes this.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sad news.. back to the original problem

it has to be something to do with superuser because nachoroot goes through smoothly every time. I go through every step make sure my id is 0, it always is when i get to that step and then i reboot.

This time i "removed all updates" from superuser and it seemed to delete the apk but not the /xbin/su folder like you said. So after doing Nachoroot this time i was able to go to the market and chose to install superuser but it still will not grant me permission.

Is there any other downside to leaving that folder there? Untill i can do a lot more research or possibly even wait till another option proves viable (possiblly viperMOD ? or a new Razerclaw?) i might just remove the superuser .apk from settings like i did before and stay "stock" which isn't what i really want but i can't figure out why superuser wont work. Once again thanks for all the feedback thus far.
    Last edited by Yohentai; 01-21-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links