Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

keyboard dock settings not working

When using tablet with keyboard dock, the autocorrect and autocapitalization do not work even though these options are chosen in settings. Any ideas how to fix (these function work when not docked).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Are you sure that they are - I find mine slightly confusing as there are three different keyboards (Asus, Dock and Honeycomb) which all need their own settings.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, but unfortunately, I am sure as I have made all the settings the same for all three. I downloaded an alternate keyboard App and that works with the physical keyboard, but I like it much less than the Asus keyboard and I will have to constantly have to change settings to use the Asus keyboard when it's just the tablet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I seem to be having this issue as well. Auto-replace, Auto-capitalize and Auto-punctuate don't work when I'm using the physical keyboard, even though they are all turned on under Configure input methods. I only got the keyboard after applying the 8.6.5.9 update, so I don't know if it worked before then. My dock version is EP101-0213, if that is pertinent.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Unfortunately, autocorrect, capitalization and other features only work with the ASUS virtual keyboard, not the physical one. You will just have to either learn to become an accurate typer, or to have others deal with reading typos all day long.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Really? Why have setting specifically for that, if it is a feature that doesn't exist? I actually called ASUS support yesterday as well, and I'm sure you can guess, they want me to wipe data, then check it... do a factory reset, then check it... and since neither fixed the issue, send the tablet in for service. So it seems that they (or at least this one CSR) acknowledges that it is a problem. I told them 'no' to the RMA because it was only an annoyance, but the person on the other end then offered to research it some more and call me back. Not sure why that is not offered first rather than having the customer go through all the hassle of sending the unit back, ugh. I'm not holding my breath on the call-back though.

Thanks for the reply Ferderuco, and I'll post again if I hear back from them.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I love my Transformer but this is the ONE thing that truly drives me nuts. Pad+Dock is my work laptop (becoming Pad=my toy when I get home!!). I use Documents To Go as Polaris didn't quite cut it in various areas. All I do is type notes. Lots of notes. Lots of typing. I really hate that none of the autocorrect stuff doesn't work. It's not a deal-breaker but it comes close at times when I'm backspacing for the umpteenth time.

I think it annoys me most because it's Asus' own keyboard and own software and they should have no real trouble making it work. How hard can it be??

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I have a love-hate relationship with AutoCorrect on my iPhone. There is the time I typed "Refards" instead of "Regards" in an email to a customer and AutoCorrect thought it should be "Retards". Thank you AutoCorrect.

If there was AutoCorrect for the keyboard, I would turn it off as I would have to keep tapping on the screen to get the correct words. When typing, this would slow me down. On the virtual keyboard, I type slower anyway so it is better. Hitting SHIFT for the first letter in a sentence, or when I type I is just second nature as I have been typing since I was knee high to a tad-pole.

Should it be an option? In my opinion, I think not. Others can disagree with me all they want but that is the beauty of opinions.

I will get off my soap box now.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links