Thread: TF101 vs iPad

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

TF101 vs iPad

I bought my wife the iPad2 for Christmas and bought myself the Transformer. Ive got to say, so far the iPad vastly outperforms the Transformer. The Tran
    former is very laggy and slow and tends to lock quite a bit. It has both of the newest updates. Is this typical or is there anything I might look into trying?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I'm assuming you are talking about a Transformer TF101? If so, no, that has not been my experience, certainly not with lockups. You may need to explain where this laggy issue is since most people who complain the most about laggy are either using a keyboard that can be changed to improve it or the default browser which also exhibits some laggyness.

The iPad is known, (more polished) smoother operation in general but it shouldn't be any faster depending on the apps you're using.

If the browser is an issue you could try Opera Mobile or Dolphin for Pad. You may want to check out an alternate keyboard -- go from Android to ASUS and back. If neither suit you there are tons of additional keyboard options on the Android Market.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Thanks. Im using Opera browser. Ive tried all the other browser and theyre no better. All the forums seem to be slow opening. I use Swype for the pad and also use the dock/keyboard. Go Launcher EX seemd to crash alot also. The creen seems to freeze temporarily quite often. All in all, its just not very smooth operating.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Something else is that when ICS is released hopefully in January for the Transformer, that should clear up any lagginess that you are experiencing. I have the iPad 2, TF 1, and the new TF Prime and i really believe that ICS will level the playing field between the TF 1 and the iPad 2 and the Prime will move ahead of the iPad 2 because of the ICS release! So in my opinion i would hang in there and try another web browser while waiting for ICS to be released or you can send it back and drop a little extra money and get a second ipad 2. Whatever makes you happy. But id wait it out.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Are you having the same issues when not using the Go Launcher? Unfortunately some combinations of apps can cause problems in other areas. That's what happens with an open operating system. But with that said, I'm not seeing those problems on my TF101, it's pretty smooth except for the occasional browser lag. Tapatalk may help. I don't go to forums on the TF so I'm not certain how much help that would be but other people have raved about it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I haven't had much success with Go launcher on my Transformer even though I love it on my phone but i love ADW Launcher.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Indeed there are only two things I do not like about my TF 101, its brown retrolooks and more importantly the fact that it is just not as smooth and responsive to use as the ipad2. However, in the couple of months I have had mine, Asus have come up with numerous updates and it has become a much better running tablet. With the last update, lag is all but gone in most apps. The prime has closed the gap in the looks department IMO. Like you I am hoping that Asus ICS version will close the user experience gap. In view thereof, I think Asus should have released the prime when ICS was ready. In that sense, Apple is still much smoother..
    Last edited by eeeevert; 12-29-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links