Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Power Issues

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Power Issues

Several times since purchasing my tf101 approx 20 days ago my tablet myseriously turns off and won't turn back on. It can be fully charged and everything. Only way I've been able to get it to turn on is to hold the power button down forever and multiple times. Eventually the unit will power on as if it was in a fully powered diwn state.

Anyone else ever seen this?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    .....and now it won't power on at all. FML

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    There is a known occasional issue with the build quality of a small number of tf101s with regards to the power button. However, given that your device is so new, I would return it to your retailer for an exchange.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    There is a known occasional issue with the build quality of a small number of tf101s with regards to the power button. However, given that your device is so new, I would return it to your retailer for an exchange.
    Retailer (Best Buy) won't exchange it because it's discontinued.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Check out the Charging & Boot issues in my signature for some things to try.

Also, if the power button is causing you issues and you want to try to fix it yourself check out the Power button issues in my signature. It does technically void the warranty but avoids 2-4 weeks without your device. The other option is to send it to ASUS for repair.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Check out the Charging & Boot issues in my signature for some things to try.

Also, if the power button is causing you issues and you want to try to fix it yourself check out the Power button issues in my signature. It does technically void the warranty but avoids 2-4 weeks without your device. The other option is to send it to ASUS for repair.
    I will have to check it out when I get on a pc. Sigs don't show on Tapatalk. What is the actually issue? I don't plan on voiding my warranty just to save time but thanks.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyl33 View Post
    I will have to check it out when I get on a pc. Sigs don't show on Tapatalk. What is the actually issue? I don't plan on voiding my warranty just to save time but thanks.

The first guide focuses on charging & Power issues: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...wont-boot.html. There are some known issues with the chargers that can easilly be fixed at home in 1-20 minutes. Also, it is possible that your devce got into APX mode by pressing VOL UP and POWER. This makes it appear as if it does not power on, but when powered on it is a back screen. To get out of this, long press the power button for 30 seconds, then press it for 3 seconds. There are a few other tips and tricks in that guide.

The second one is for physical alignment isssues of the power button and the button on the main board. It can easily be fixed in about 10-15 minutes at home if this is the issue. [RS Guide] - Power/Lock button issues?

It is more likely to be an issue that can be resovled in the first link.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    The first guide focuses on charging & Power issues: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...wont-boot.html. There are some known issues with the chargers that can easilly be fixed at home in 1-20 minutes. Also, it is possible that your devce got into APX mode by pressing VOL UP and POWER. This makes it appear as if it does not power on, but when powered on it is a back screen. To get out of this, long press the power button for 30 seconds, then press it for 3 seconds. There are a few other tips and tricks in that guide.

The second one is for physical alignment isssues of the power button and the button on the main board. It can easily be fixed in about 10-15 minutes at home if this is the issue. [RS Guide] - Power/Lock button issues?

It is more likely to be an issue that can be resovled in the first link.
    Tried everything in the first guide without success

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyl33 View Post
    Retailer (Best Buy) won't exchange it because it's discontinued.
    Best Buy here in the UK have just shut down - 18 - 24 months after they opened & with an appalling reputation here. From what I read about their trading practises in the US I wonder how long they will stay open there?

The tf101 certainly hasn't been discontinued - but from what I have read, the particular batch that BB were selling had a specific model number that they now try to use as support for this flimsy refusal to provide anything lke normal customer service. I am surprised that consumers in the US let them get away with this type of shoddy behaviour.

Have you escalated the problem with store management? I would - calmly, politely but absolutely resolutely & refuse to take no for an answer.

If they refuse to play ball, then I see no solution other than to RMA to Asus.

Good luck with BB

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Best Buy here in the UK have just shut down - 18 - 24 months after they opened & with an appalling reputation here. From what I read about their trading practises in the US I wonder how long they will stay open there?

The tf101 certainly hasn't been discontinued - but from what I have read, the particular batch that BB were selling had a specific model number that they now try to use as support for this flimsy refusal to provide anything lke normal customer service. I am surprised that consumers in the US let them get away with this type of shoddy behaviour.

Have you escalated the problem with store management? I would - calmly, politely but absolutely resolutely & refuse to take no for an answer.

If they refuse to play ball, then I see no solution other than to RMA to Asus.

Good luck with BB
    What exactly are they going to exchange it for if they no longer carry the product in stock?

They offered to refund my money but that leaves me without a tablet as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links