Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Repair from Asus

I bought my TF from TigerDirect and they do not accept returns on defective TF's. My left speaker appears to not be working and as such I called Asus for a manufacturer warrenty return. They told me that instead of repairing my current model, they would send me another TF, but now I'm having second thoughts since I don't really want a refurbished model. I may suck it up and live with one speaker.

Does anybody have any experience with returns to Asus? Thanks in advance

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    In general refurbs are just as good as new. They also come with the standard warranty period. I've purchased refurbs before and everything was brand spanking new looking. But it can be luck of the draw.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I agree. You get the same warranty so it depends on if you will be satisfied with a broken speaker or if you will live with regret for not returning it while you still could.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Refurbs are sometimes better than new. They are each fully tested and and retested unlike ones rolling down an assembly line that are subject to just random and quick QA tests.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I agree with the rest...return it! As an example of refurbished, a long time ago I bought the white ipod. The HD went bad and apple replaced it with a refurbished. Then later i bought the ipod classic when it came out. It did the same thing and was replaced by a refurbished. Those refurbished ipods (even the white one) still work perfectly today.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrumm49 View Post
    I agree with the rest...return it! As an example of refurbished, a long time ago I bought the white ipod. The HD went bad and apple replaced it with a refurbished. Then later i bought the ipod classic when it came out. It did the same thing and was replaced by a refurbished. Those refurbished ipods (even the white one) still work perfectly today.

Gotta agree with that. I have purchased 3 refurb Nanos directly from Apple and all work perfectly.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think you're wrong on Tigerdirect's policy. I received my transformer from them today with a blemish on the Lcd. I called them and they did an exchange with no questions. They emailed me a return shipping label.

Scroll down to the bottom of the following page, and it clearly says they will exchange defective items.
    ASUS TF101B1 Eee Pad Transformer Android Tablet - 32GB, Android 3.0 Honeycomb, 10.1 Capacitive Touch Screen Display, NVIDIA Tegra 2 at TigerDirect.com
    Last edited by Funkeruski; 06-07-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Funkeruski, You are right about TigerDirect's return policy. You just get exhausted scrolling waayyy down to see it!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow, thank you all for the overwhelming response. I called TigerDirect and found that they do accept returns (even though my receipt said otherwise). Not only are they replacing my TF, they are sending the new TF right away and I don't have to return my old one until the new one gets here!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You are SO lucky - I have to wait 3 weeks for Asus to see if my faulty Eee Pad can be repaired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links