Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2812 times
    Quote Originally Posted by schivu View Post
    Hi Frederuco
    My understanding is channel bonding / 40 Mhz / Wide setting is needed only to go from 130 mbps to 300 mbps. On a client device having a single antenna will give the client device 65 mbps, having a dual antenna will give 130 mbps. Most of the newer mobile phones connect at 65 mbps.

I am getting only 65 mbps even right next to the router with my TF201 (2.4 Ghz band, 5 Ghz does not work at all). I believe people have taken apart the TF201 and seen 2 wifi antennae, why would it still connect at only 65 mbps? Is it worth an RMA?

thanks
    It is my experience that devices that connect faster than 70 Mbps actually have THREE antennas. A typical G device has 2 antennas, one for send, one for receive. If you look at any N router with external antennas, there are three.

Also, the radios in the ASUS products only have 2.4 GHz radios to help save battery from having two radios active and scanning for signals.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you leeshor!

First post and my WiFi was not connecting, it would only say it was "Saved". Rebooting my wifi router did the trick!

I was almost fooled too because my Razr was connected without a problem.
    Last edited by texmaster; 05-10-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    Changing my router to WPA2 did the trick. Thanks for the tip!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman8840 View Post
    The prime supports N

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    I thought that to support "N" a device must have 3 antennas. If true, then Prime does not support "N" as it only has 2 antennas

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I downloaded the firmware to my PC, but how do I update my TF Prime?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1626 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billbowers View Post
    I downloaded the firmware to my PC, but how do I update my TF Prime?
    Welcome to the forum billbowers!

If you have a microSD card that's the simplest method. Extract the first file (only) to the root of the microSD card and insert it. If after a few minutes it doesn't see the upgrade try restarting your TF.

Was there a problem that kept your TF from finding the upgrade by itself.

btw: Make certain you have the file that matches the build currently on your TF201.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    There are several things you can do if you can't get connected to your WiFi hotpot or router.

2). Restart your router.
    I'm so glad I found your list! I've had my TF300 for about 4 weeks now ... yesterday it had a problem staying connected to wifi. I thought it was because I had it set up to disconnect network during sleep. I changed the settings and nothing would keep it connected. I even reset the device thinking it might have been caused by something I installed. I unplugged the router for a few minutes, plugged it in and had the same issue.

Finally, I unplugged both the router and my cable modem for a few minutes. Once they started up I connected to my router and it stayed connected! Sometimes it is the simplest things!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Asus TF 101 can't handle Channels 12 & 13????

[QUOTE=leeshor;93612]There are several things you can do if you can't get connected to your WiFi hotpot or router.

1). Some channels work better than others. 1 and 6 are popular and work well for many people. If you can get connected at all, download WiFi Analyzer This app will give you an idea what channels may be available or over lapping with a nearby router.

I've got my TF101 within 2 feet of TWO routers - one set on Channel 13 with WPA, the other on Channel 12 with WEP - and NEITHER of them can be seen on this wretched TF101 !!!

It can only find - and connect to a "FON" access point set up on Channel 1 - again just a few feet away from this "test point".

ALL these channels can be seen & connected to by my Lenova Netbook *&* with a USB adaptor stuck in the back of my Desktop!

Wotz Up with Asus that they apparently forbid access via high channel numbers - but FAIL to even point this out to buyers/users.

Just WHAT is the highest channel that this apparently "lame" TF101 CAN handle?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys i have 1 little WiFi problems with my TF700. 1st off at all my friends and family houses that have WiFi and they give me passwords it works great!!.
    The problem i have is when i am home. As i currently do not have WiFi in my home but when i check for wifi it shows me a slue of connections around me some locked some not. The ones that i can connect to I look for the strongest signal. So i connect and for some reason it never works but when my aunt comes with her IPAD it works great a little slow but regardless it works. Any one know what might be the problem?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchblue View Post
    Yes. Got it to work. I bought a new router, didn't help So I decided to do a factory reset, worked like a charm. I'm so happy.. Thanks, well to me

I was going to reply to just a new note, but i have to reply here. Same thing! I got my TF300T on Friday. No connection. I called Aser on Monday did lots of resetting, but nothing. My biggest thing was it would say Authenticating for .. forever, and then not connect and/or it would even say authentication problem. I do want to say that the tech was great. very helpful and kind.

To make a long story short, I found this forum and I believed more and more it was the router. Changed password, reset (unplugging) the router, so much and nothing. Then today, I was at the site of the router help/support and as I had noticed a good dozen or more times, the name on the router was NOT what was appearing on the Tablet. I read more.. reset by using a strong paperclip into the reset button for ten seconds. Did it. Went to the Admin page and.. then looked at the Tablet - I was right! Now the WiFi (router) name on there was the one I had and NOT the old one from my iPad that was from another ISP! And as I did it all, I looked at my Tablet and it was connected! I'm not a computer tech, but I can figure things out and i was (am so happy), so if you can't connect, you may need to push in the reset button of your router!

I also wanted to say that this seems to be a problem if you've had an iPad before, so make sure your router is showing what is should on your tablet.
    Last edited by Lori; 08-01-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: to add more info.
    leeshor and Swipe like this.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Ads