Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Update won't show.

Hi,

Got the eee pad transformer yesterday.
    It came pre-loaded with honeycomb 3.1. Whenever I go to the update section of the settings, it tells me there is no new update available for my tablet. If I refresh it looks for update but doesn't come up with 3.2 or 3.2.1.

Is there something special I have to do ?

My build number is HMJ37.WW_epad-8.4.4.11-20110711

I convinced myself I should do a manual upgrade. I have read report that Canadian don't recieve the OTA upgrade for some obscure reason.
    Anyways, I'm a bit confuse as to wich firmware SKU I should install. I seem to be on the WW sku. Does it mean World Wide ? Some guy on a forum insisted Canadian should install the US sku. I'd like to know beforehand as I don't want to brick my tablet. I wish Asus would push the update over here, it would be less confusing.
    Last edited by mareg; 12-11-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    If you follow the guide to manually updating the firmware here you might have better luck

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...asus-site.html

- if not you could try "Not getting the update notification?" link in my sig, and finally if all that fails you can try the "Back to stock" link in my sig to flash a newer stock ROM and then try updating normally
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Detection View Post
    If you follow the guide to manually updating the firmware here you might have better luck

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...asus-site.html

- if not you could try "Not getting the update notification?" link in my sig, and finally if all that fails you can try the "Back to stock" link in my sig to flash a newer stock ROM and then try updating normally
    Thanks for the reply. Guess I will have to purchase a micro SD card if I want to upgrade.
    Do you have any info over wich SKU I should go with if I'm Canadian ? My current firmware suggest I should go with WW. Does it stands for World Wide ?
    Also, the guy at Best Buy insisted I absolutly had to buy a class 10 SD card. They were overpriced so I didn't buy it back then. Class 4 are a lot cheaper. How important is it to go Class 10 ? The card would be mainly used to store pictures and videos... and obviously the firmware update.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    If your TF is showing WW in Settings > About Tablet - then stick with WW - Not 100% about it standing for World Wide, I always assumed so, but it is an English firmware so World Wide doesn't really make sense, not sure Il`l check up.

Class 10 is the fastest card, but absolutely not necessary - most people are finding Class 4 is totally fine for most things including video playback - not sure about full HD playback but I think it would be fine, the TF can only output 720p anyway, even from the Mini-HDMI although it can playback a 1080p file.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright, now it is getting frustrating.

I went ahead and bought a micro SDHC card from sandisk. It came with an adaptor to plug it in a regular SD slot.
    When I put it in my laptop SD slot, it detects the card and warn me that I need to format it but fails to complete the formating process. Apparently, the file system is RAW and that is causing the problem.
    When I put the micro SD card directly into the transformer, it doesn't show up at all.
    What the hell is RAW file system and why on earth would sandisk sell an unusable card that you can't even format ?
    Is there a magic way to format a micro SD card with the transformer ?

To think Asus could just send me the update OTA but noooooooooo, that would have been too easy right.. x.x

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    If you put the card into your laptop, then click Start > Right Click Computer > Click Manage > Click Disk Management

Now look down the list of drives until you see the unallocated / RAW SDCard - Right Click it, and choose Create Primary Partition (New simple volume) > Choose Fat32 and choose quick format

Fingers crossed it will be seen as a working card after that and work in both

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Detection View Post
    If you put the card into your laptop, then click Start > Right Click Computer > Click Manage > Click Disk Management

Now look down the list of drives until you see the unallocated / RAW SDCard - Right Click it, and choose Create Primary Partition (New simple volume) > Choose Fat32 and choose quick format

Fingers crossed it will be seen as a working card after that and work in both
    Yeah I tried that but it gave me a CRC error. I think it is a DUD. I will just try and exchange it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Ah bad luck, hopefully next one will work - get them to test it in the shop before you leave

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OMG I was finally offered the OTA update after doing some weird steps.

I had to clear the cache and then force stop the application DMC and then restart the tablet.
    What a pain in the ass. This is beyond stupid. I mean if it was not for the great community, I would return that tablet ASAP. Maybe I'm expecting too much.
    I didn't root, tweak or do anything weird to the tablet, this was a straight first time boot-up to trying to update the firmware. This should never have happened.

Anyways, thanks for your help Detection. I hope in the future, things will go more smoothly.
    Regards,
    Last edited by mareg; 12-11-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hahahaha, I just saw in your signature that you have the DMCclient fix for the problem of the update not showing up.
    I should have check your signature more toroughly and I would have lost less time troubleshooting my problem. I'll bookmark all that is in your SIG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links