Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Syncing 3 ways: Laptop Win7 <-> iPhone <-> Asus Txf

Hey Everybody,

I just picked up an Asus Transformer (Txf) and this is my first android device. FYI, i'm more of an advanced windows user, i've never used another OS and my iphone to me is literally an iPod that makes phone calls, gets emails and has a web browser.

Now that i'm using 3 devices I want to get everything synced up. See the list for what i want to sync and please post any methods you know of.

Now the main things i want to sync are:
    1. Outlook Contacts
    2. Outlook Calendar
    3. OneNote
    4. iTunes Library

Outlook Contacts and Calander: I think i've got these all synced now by usnig Google as an intermeadiary.
    One Note: Apparently this is not possible. Is this true? If so i'll have to look into Evernote and hopefully be able to move evernote stuff into onenote on PC. Itts not crucal to involve the phone in this one.

iTunes Music: Searching this one has yielded nothing. there seems to be some apps to sync itunes with android phones, but i'm hesitant as nothing explicitly does the 3 way sync. Any one know?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: Whats with not being able to close apps. I understand the "they don't use memory while inactive arguement". But when i'm done i don't want them clogging my app switcher. How do you close them?! I've seen a kill thing somewhere in the menus, but thats ridiculous, where the *edit* close X?
    Last edited by Swipe; 10-04-2014 at 03:13 PM. Reason: language guidelines

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I use OneNote, too. I am experimenting with MobileNoter, and they have been advancing development with expanded solution choices for sync pathways. I want to be able to use OneNote content on my Transformer and eventually create NEW nfo on the Android device while using the OneNote content.I am using OneNote2010.

On the other hand I have NOT been able to sync Outlook so far. I don't want to go through" Google to do so. Seems inelegant, has got to cost extra time and I give thos guys *enough* info about my life already. I was hoping to use CompanionLink but the tablet hardware is so different that what works on my DroidX will not work on the tablets I've tried so far (XOOM and this Transformer)

Music I have put aside to figure out later!
    joinathan7007

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks jono,

I couldn't get mobile noter to install. It downloads an exe which won't run. Also when i skip that 2nd step and try install the "android only" it doesn't work.

I understand about what you mean with google knowing everything. But it is really easy, i just made a gmail account (i didn;t have one), installed google sync and now the 3 are sunced. I'm pretty happy with the calanders etc atm.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links