Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Transformer not turning on after force shutdown (holding button till it turns off).

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums. I would like to seek some help/advise with my Asus Transformer. I just bought my unit late October and did not have any problems up until the 2nd week of use (my usage was a bit light then since I was waiting for the leather case that I ordered online). I have problems turning the unit on after I force it to shutdown (i.e. holding the power button for 5 to 10 seconds till it turns off) when it freezes on me (shutdowns and when everything is unresponsive). I've tried everything from the cold/hard reset, pressing the power button down for 10-20 seconds, connecting the usb cable to the computer to wake it up (the computer doesn't detect it either) and charging it overnight (if its a battery issue). I sent it for repair recently and they fixed the power button error. The day that I got it back from the service center, I turned it on, worked ok for about 2 minutes (battery was about 50%) and then the touchscreen became unresponsive. I did a force shutdown, holding the power button for 5 to 10 seconds till it turns off. I tried turning it on again with the same methods (i.e. cold reset, charging etc.) but it just wasn't turning on. So I called the service center for another RMA. Just as I was about to ship it back (48 hours since I got it from the service center), I tried one last time to turn it on...surprisingly it went back to life but it was flashing a low battery symbol. I charged it and it turned on. The unit was running very slow and thought of shutting it down (not the force shutdown) thinking that it might run faster after it rebooted. I left the tablet to shutdown on itself but after 1 hour, it was still trying to shutdown....so I did the force shutdown again and now I am back to square one (a dead transformer that wouldn't turn on). Do you think forcing it to shutdown might have done harm to the unit? Any suggestions before sending it back to the service center?

Thanks in advance.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys, I think I might have solved it. I read something about plugging the tablet to the pc for an hour then turning it on...it seemed to have worked.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links