Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Transformer screen vs iPad screen

So since my Transformer is defective (won't boot) but has a sticky, inconsistently responsive screen, I'm afraid of getting it repaired and getting the same screen. My iPad has a very smooth, very responsive screen, and my Droid has no problems.

Has anyone compared their Transformer screen to the iPad's, the Xoom's, or the Acer Iconia A500's? All of those screens were smooth and responsive, and that's the kind of screen I prefer. If mine is not normal for the Transformer, I'm going to return it and only purchase another one when I can test the screen, otherwise I'll be sending back the keyboard too.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    18 times
    My wife uses an ipad 1, and I think my ASUS Transformer compares very favorably with it. I find my ASUS's touch screen response very smooth.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I noticed more drag on my fingers when swiping and especially pinching across the Transformer screen right away, as compared to my iPad2. I cleaned it off well, as I could see some light residue left behind after removing the factory-installed screen film. After several days in a row of moderate to heavy usage, I'm really not noticing it so much any more, if at all. Perhaps I just made the mental/tactile adjustment. There are times, though not very often, where I do have to tap something twice to get it to take. Overall, IMO, the iPad2 screen touching/response experience is somewhat better than the EEE pad.
    Last edited by Canonizer; 06-12-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I had the iPad and currently have the iPad 2 and I really can't tell much if any difference in the feel of the screen. To me the Transformer is just as smooth and responsive and I'm an Apple fanboy! To me the iPad 2 is overall a better tablet just because of 2 things. 1) Apple's OS is much more perfected than Honeycomb 3.1 & 2) Apple's Apps for the iPad blow away the apps that are currently available for the Transformer.

However I switched because I'm tired of Apple and I wanted to tinker with a tablet and the Transformer is the best one on the market to mess with.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought the 32GB version, and the plastic that was wrapped around the Transformer out of the box is smoother than the touchscreen. My Dell's keyboard keys are smoother. My iPad is smoother than the keys!

What is going on here? They are not treating their screen well enough to make it a good experience. The more I use it, the more it resists. It is the least smooth, least responsive tablet screen I've ever used, even compared to the Motorola Xoom, the Acer Iconia A500, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, the HTC Flyer, you name it. Have you tried it side-by-side against these tablets?

It's similar to swiping my fingers down the bathroom mirror, except that my bathroom mirror is smoother.
    Last edited by dhinged; 06-11-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    [ QUOTE=dhinged;10261]I bought the 32GB version, and the plastic that was wrapped around the Transformer out of the box is smoother than the touchscreen. My Dell's keyboard keys are smoother. My iPad is smoother than the keys!

What is going on here? They are not treating their screen well enough to make it a good experience. The more I use it, the more it resists. It is the least smooth, least responsive tablet screen I've ever used, even compared to the Motorola Xoom, the Acer Iconia A500, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, the HTC Flyer, you name it. Have you tried it side-by-side against these tablets?

It's similar to swiping my fingers down the bathroom mirror, except that my bathroom mirror is smoother.[/QUOTE]

I'm not having the problem you're having. A week ago you started this thread. Have you not returned it yet for a replacement? They way you are describing it and that it's been like this for a week, there is no way that I could tolerate it. I sold my ipad 2 two nights ago and screen feel and responsiveness were about the same to me. In fact I couldn't tell you which was better.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    I'm not having the problem you're having. A week ago you started this thread. Have you not returned it yet for a replacement? They way you are describing it and that it's been like this for a week, there is no way that I could tolerate it. I sold my ipad 2 two nights ago and screen feel and responsiveness were about the same to me. In fact I couldn't tell you which was better.
    Yes, I did return it. It was the 16GB version, and I bought the 32GB version, and it has the same problem. I've never used a tablet that feels like I'm running my fingers down a bathroom mirror. Has nobody experienced this?

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dhinged View Post
    Yes, I did return it. It was the 16GB version, and I bought the 32GB version, and it has the same problem. I've never used a tablet that feels like I'm running my fingers down a bathroom mirror. Has nobody experienced this?

nope. my TF screen is wonderful. much better than the icona which i had and returned to get the TF.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Transformer.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Screen is sticky compared to Ipad, no doubt. You really notice on long swipes. I'm considering a screen protector for this reason, if there is one that adds glide and resists fingerprints.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Gosh, I wish I owned all these tablets to make these comparisons! Since never having a touch screen before I think the transformer screen is very smooth and responsive. Maybe other tablet's DO have a more responsive smoother screen. For me ignorance is bliss and I truly enjoy the experience the TF offers me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links