Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is there a way to force screen rotation?

  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8986
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    0 times

    Is there a way to force screen rotation?

    There are applications that disallow screen rotation, not only from landscape to portrait view but even landscape to 180cw landscape. This is annoying when you try to use the pad while charging because of the charger connector below. Is there a way to force screen rotation to 180 degress?

  2. #2
    Ratchet
    Member #
    13733
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    private
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    9 times
    As far as I can tell, the only apps that won't rotate are android apps designed for phones. If rotation is not in the code, there may not be a way to display in landscape mode.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    3976
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    1,499
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heggy View Post
    There are applications that disallow screen rotation, not only from landscape to portrait view but even landscape to 180cw landscape. This is annoying when you try to use the pad while charging because of the charger connector below. Is there a way to force screen rotation to 180 degress?
    Hi,
    I have not used it, but just found this on the market.

    It may do what you want if it is compatible with the TF?

    https://market.android.com/details?i...dGNvbnRyb2wiXQ..

    Not free but not expensive if it does what you want!!
    Last edited by 14theroad; 11-23-2011 at 07:15 AM.
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8986
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    0 times
    If you read the app's description carefully, it says it's "auto-rotate screen toggler", namely the same option you have in the settings menu.

  5. #5
    Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    5624
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norcross, GA
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    11,748
    Liked
    1818 times
    Yvan had the answer. There are quite a few apps that only know phones and weren't designed for tablet use. I have 2 or 3 of those myself.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    3976
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    1,499
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heggy View Post
    If you read the app's description carefully, it says it's "auto-rotate screen toggler", namely the same option you have in the settings menu.
    Well, I am not sure what it is that you want more than that??

    It is either locked or not locked?
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8986
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    0 times
    Take an app, mobo player for e.x., if the rotation is locked, it stays in landscape mode, but in only one of two possible variants - when the inserted charger looks downwards. So if you are watching a film while charging, it is uncomfortable to have the pad on you knees because of the charger cable. It would be more natural to have the charger with cable looking upwards, but this is not possible for apps that have no rotation and always stay in the same landscape orientation. So the question is, is there a possibility to force the landsacpe rotation so that it's rotated 180 degrees.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    3976
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    1,499
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heggy View Post
    Take an app, mobo player for e.x., if the rotation is locked, it stays in landscape mode, but in only one of two possible variants - when the inserted charger looks downwards. So if you are watching a film while charging, it is uncomfortable to have the pad on you knees because of the charger cable. It would be more natural to have the charger with cable looking upwards, but this is not possible for apps that have no rotation and always stay in the same landscape orientation. So the question is, is there a possibility to force the landsacpe rotation so that it's rotated 180 degrees.
    Yeh, see what you mean now, just got my TF out to have a play and it locks in landscape with power connector to the bottom.

    This looks promising though??

    Not sure what it does to Mobo player etc, but there is a video on the apps page in the market that may help you?

    https://market.android.com/details?i...dGNvbnRyb2wiXQ..
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8986
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks promising, thanks for the link.

  10. #10
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    3976
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    1,499
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heggy View Post
    If you read the app's description carefully, it says it's "auto-rotate screen toggler", namely the same option you have in the settings menu.
    Sorry, posted wrong link, corrected now, Oops

    https://market.android.com/details?i...dGNvbnRyb2wiXQ..

    Orientation Control can lock the orientation to SIX modes:
    1. Landscape
    2. Reversed Landscape (Android 2.3.1 and above only)
    3. Portrait (Same as disabling auto rotate in phone's settings)
    4. Forced Portrait (Always in portrait regardless of app!)
    5. Reversed Portrait (Android 2.3.1 and above only)
    6. Auto Rotate
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Screen rotation problem
    By Oscar in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 10:36 AM
  2. Force brighter screen for certain presentations?
    By jonathan7007 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM
  3. Suddenly I am getting a force close screen.
    By Curzon in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 07:28 PM
  4. Screen rotation problem
    By amit in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 10:04 PM
  5. homescreen rotation
    By saiofsaisxiong in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 08:46 PM

Search tags for this page

android force app to rotate
,

android force rotate

,

android force rotate screen

,

android force screen orientation

,

android force screen rotation

,

android rotate screen 180

,
force apps to rotate android
,

force auto rotate android

,

force rotate android

,

force screen rotation android

,
mobo player upside down
,
moboplayer rotate screen
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.