Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom owner with a good return policy.

I'll try to keep it short, I have a xoom and I love it, but the Asus may be better for me. The main thing I need to know is how good and fast is the camera at taking pictures of pages of a book, or piece of paper?

I have used my xoom to copy a 640 page book for school in about 40 min. I just need to know that the Asus has the ability to quickly take and process clearpictures.

Is there anything else you guys think I should know before contemplating a return?

Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    i'm in your boat too. I have about 2 months to return the xoom. Wonder how long it will take to fill backorders on best buy or american tv?
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I would think the camera's should be very close in pic quality being 5mp on each tablet but the asus has no flash. Still i cant be a judge of this because i am on back order

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is a good assumption, however the focus may not be happy with the distance and it my take a long time for it to process and save a file. The Xoom is very fast at focusing and saving a picture, then being ready for the next. MAYBE 2 seconds or less. Either way it is faster then I am ready to take the next picture. So I'm basically curious if the transformer is the same way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lt4mula View Post
    I'll try to keep it short, I have a xoom and I love it, but the Asus may be better for me. The main thing I need to know is how good and fast is the camera at taking pictures of pages of a book, or piece of paper?

I have used my xoom to copy a 640 page book for school in about 40 min. I just need to know that the Asus has the ability to quickly take and process clearpictures.

Is there anything else you guys think I should know before contemplating a return?

Thanks!
    Interesting idea. Do you use the .jpg pics to read, or do you convert them all to a pdf file? If the latter, what program do you use to do that?

Spamcepticon
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    19 times
    Ya i think the flash will make a difference in quality. i say the xoom might be better for this use.

Super Decepticon
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Ya i think the flash will make a difference in quality. i say the xoom might be better for this use.
    I agree, the flash is an important tool in picture quality but as far as processing pictures my guess is the devices will perform the same

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    170 times
    I doubt I'll be using the camera on the Transformer often, if at all...
    To me it's not practical to take pics with such a big device. I have my phone, click and shoot or DSLR camera for taking pics.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I like the cam for other uses than taking photos. Programs like sky maps, layered and other augmented reality apps make the cam very useful but looking for some kind of crazy photo quality from a 5mp no flash cam aint going to happen.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just use the.Jpgs. They scroll faster and there is no reason to convert them. I do use pdfs for textbooks though. I use quick office for that. A lot of people use ez PDF because you can write and highlight on them, however I have found it to be a little on inconvenient when trying to scroll through quickly.

The flash is actually a bit of a mute point for this application because a flash at such short distances just tends to over expose the photo. I'm still hoping to hear from someone that actually has one and has tried out this situation.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links