Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

An adapter that allows you to plug SDHC cards into the microSD slot?

Hi all - this is perhaps a bizarre question because I do not think there would be much demand for this product. One thing I would like to be able to do is to use my Tablet as a convenient, super portable, on the fly photo viewer when I want to share photos I have literally JUST taken on my digital camera with my family and friends. I don't always bring my laptop everywhere, so what I would like to be able to do is just pop the SDHC cards out of my digital camera and pop them directly into the transformer so I can show the pictures I just took to my friends really quickly and easily on a nice big screen. I know the transformer keyboard has an SDHC slot, but I don't plan on always carrying the transformer around in my bag/purse with the keyboard, so I won't always be prepared for any moment when I have just snapped an awesome or funny batch of photos on my digital camera and then I want to pass them around the room and have everyone enjoy them on a nice big screen as we all laugh at the shots I just took. I also don't particularly want to make people pass it around with the keyboard attached during those scenarios anyway. And I'm going for fast easy convenience in these kinds of on the fly moments.

I am aware that you can put a micro sdhc card into an adapter that makes it the size of a larger Sdhc card, so I could just always buy micro sdhc cards for my digital camera and do all my photography with those cards housed in an adapter. Then I could easily pop them out and plug them into the tablet at a moment's notice. That would be an awesome solution except for two problems. 1) I'd also like to be able to do this if I'm out with a friend who just took a series of hilarious shots on THEIR digital camera that we both want to view, and most of my friends/family are shooting with full size SDHC cards. 2) I have already invested in SDHC memory cards for my digital camera. I'm cheap, and I'm trying to make use of all the big SDHC cards I already bought. It seems like I could use what I already bought if I just found a 5 dollar tiny adapter that allowed me to plug an SDHC card into a microSDHC slot.

Does anyone MAKE such a thing? You can get microSDHC memory cards for decent prices, so I'm only interested if it's really cheap. If it was as expensive as just buying more micro sd cards, I wouldn't bother.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    No such adapter that I know of. There is a keyboard dock for this Transformer than has a full sized SD slot in it though. Get that dock. Take it with you.
    One other option is EyeFi SD cards. They have WiFi on board, and there is an app for android that when running will download photos from that card while it is still in your camera! Would work for you, but not with the ordinary WiFi cards that are likely in your friend's cameras.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Currently just outside London in the UK but soon to be Ottawa, Canada
    Liked
    12 times
    An optional accessory was mentioned on Asus' Italia Facebook page which would provide an SD card reader 'dongle' via the tablet's docking connector. But that was back at the end of April and as far as I know no pricing or availability has been mentioned. But it will hopefully appear at some point.

These are the accessories that were mentioned;

The dock for charging, called Desktop Stand with two USB 2.0 ports (for mouse and keyboard for example) and a 3.5mm jack for audio output.
    SD card and USB flash drive readers
    Mini HDMI to VGA cable
    Headphones

Robert

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Regarding the eyefi mobile card...I purchased after seeing a vid of it working with the TF. I could not get it to work and I'm pretty good with electronics. It cost 80 bucks. I returned it and just got the dock.

BTW, I did not want the dock because the idea was to travel lightly, but you do get a lot of inputs in a neat package.
    Last edited by Pinkeee; 06-03-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbear View Post
    Hi all - this is perhaps a bizarre question because I do not think there would be much demand for this product.
    As more and more devices ONLY have microSDHC slots there should be a large demand for a SDHC to MICROSDHC adapter. They give away the reverse adapters so it should not be expensive to produce.
    I think the SD card manufacturers won't produce one because they can force people to buy new MICROSDHC cards to replace perfectly functional SDHC cards. MICROSDHC cards appear to be easily damaged when inserting / extracting plus are easily lost when ejected. Safe removal from an adapter would be a boon. How many of us have several SDHC cards of content which we would like to access on our Transformers without the hassle of converting or attaching the keyboard?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    54 times
    iMac 21.5" 2011 32GB OSX 10.12
    TF101 32GB KatKiss 6.0.1 v 34 TWRP 2.8.1.1 Recovery
    http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.com/thumbs/3/0/7/6/5/8/7/3076587.png

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    202 times
    The OP want an adaptor the other way around.

I do not think there is one on the market, and it would be very fragile.

Keyboard dock it the best bet IMO.
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    7 times
    Three things come to mind. First, there isn't an adapter that would go from SDHC to micro SDHC as someone has pointed out. Second, I believe there would be no demand, so while it could be made, it would be expensive. Third, visualizing this contraption it would be a odd piece of plastic and metal that sticks out from the side of the tablet and easily breakable.

I have adapters that are SDHC with a micro slot and compact flash with a micro slot in it. Both work. My camera a Nikon D300 takes compact flash cards and the only adapter I found was a compact flash I card and transfer rates taking pics are slooooooow. My solution was to just carry the keyboard and a multicard adapter.

Finally micro SDHC cards are relatively cheap. I've picked up a couple of 32 Gig class 10 cards on sale for about $25 each. 32 Gig hold many pics and movies.

Just my 2 cents.

Dan
    TF101 32Gb

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    202 times
    I guess you could use a micro SD cards in an micro SD to SD adaptor in the camera?

Then the pics would be taken on the micro SD card, and then just put the Micro SD into the tablet to view them.
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    98 times

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads