Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    20 times
    Seems quicker when changing screens. I tied to cause keyboard lag by typing random letters as fast as I could, but I didn't see any lag. As far as I can tell, 3.1 is faster than 3.0 and so far no problems.

Jim

jas
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Tried typing with the button sounds turned on and it does make a tiny difference. A slight improvement but really not as smooth as it should be. Oh, and the keyboard sounds are truly horrible! Whose idea was it to use typewriter sounds??!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    Tried typing with the button sounds turned on and it does make a tiny difference. A slight improvement but really not as smooth as it should be. Oh, and the keyboard sounds are truly horrible! Whose idea was it to use typewriter sounds??!
    I know it costs money, but I have been using thumb keyboard and it works way better than stock

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, browser keyboard lag is still fairly bad, but definitely improved from before... also I rather like the typewriter sounds- its at least nice to have that auditory feedback.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Updated my Transformer to 3.1 last night. Been messing with it and my NEW Keyboard docking station all day. So far the only issue I had was twice before the update it would take about 15 seconds of pushing the button to get the tf to "wake" up. So far today, I haven't had that happen at all. The tf wakes up quickly. I hope the update is all it needed. The keyboard dock works so good! I don't know what it was like before the update. But to all new transformer owners this keyboard dock is a must have! There are some complaints on this forum about the transformer, but with any new products the kinks have to be ironed out. So far I am so pleased with my purchase I can't put this thing down! I hope others have the best of luck with theirs.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Instead of struggling with the laggy keyboard in the stock browser, I would highly recommend switching to Opera for the time being. It's really not a bad browser, once you get used to it (no flash though, I think). And a responsive keyboard makes for a MUCH less frustrating experience. Hopefully ASUS will get this fixed soon (I assume it's an ASUS issue, not Google?).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bhgemini View Post
    I know it costs money, but I have been using thumb keyboard and it works way better than stock
    Yeah, that's what I've been using. Not only does it appear to be less laggy, but it also makes typing so much easier while maintaining a good grip on the tablet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I actually think the lag is a Google problem. Iirc the Transformer isn't the only device afflicted with that problem. I like the update and it doesn't have any bugs that I can't stand. The thing that bugs me the most is all my Apps not showing up in the market.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm using Opera to get around the keyboard lag in the stock Honeycomb browser. Opera is not bad, but I think the stock Honeycomb browser is better in every which way, except for that damn keyboard lag. And from what I have read, the keyboard lag is the Honeycomb browser issue and not Asus.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    i have noticed a few plusses-if an app stalls and freezes the TF will reboot after a few moments

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links