Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    AdaBob,

Any name brand card should do fine. I would stay away from any ebay ones though.
    I picked up a 32gb Trancend one from Amazon for about $41 a couple weeks ago. It is a class 4 one and it works fine for all my movies I have on it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Perth, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Great Wall
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, first time poster, long time reader. I am waiting for the Transformer Prime to come out before buying one, (which I hope comes out soon in Australia, as all these RMA issues with the original transformer have put me off importing it from the USA), and was wondering how much extra space I could add with a microsd and sd card.

The people which said they were able to get SD Cards and Microsd Cards at 64gb - 128gb, where do you buy yours from (what kind of store)? I have had trouble finding these anywhere. Also, are they SDXC cards? I ask because I read somewhere that those cards don't work with SDHC readers (which I think sucks as I haven't read of any tablet which has a specific SDXC card reader).

Thanks ahead of time!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by falconm11 View Post
    Hi, first time poster, long time reader. I am waiting for the Transformer Prime to come out before buying one, (which I hope comes out soon in Australia, as all these RMA issues with the original transformer have put me off importing it from the USA), and was wondering how much extra space I could add with a microsd and sd card.

The people which said they were able to get SD Cards and Microsd Cards at 64gb - 128gb, where do you buy yours from (what kind of store)? I have had trouble finding these anywhere. Also, are they SDXC cards? I ask because I read somewhere that those cards don't work with SDHC readers (which I think sucks as I haven't read of any tablet which has a specific SDXC card reader).

Thanks ahead of time!
    64GB microSD cards are the largest size available at this time - and those just came out a few months back. You can Google under "64gb microSD" and find places to buy them online.

There are several types of cards...and Class 10 is the current highest level (teh "Class level" is the anticipated measure of the speed for storing and retrieving data off the card). Anything Class 6 or higher should work fine for you.

Some of the other ratings, such as SDXC (standard size SD cards - higher speed for digital camera use) will work fine in the Transfomer Keyboard Dock SD slot.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Perth, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Great Wall
    Liked
    0 times
    I did a quick search for an Australian provider had the following: SanDisk Mobile Ultra Micro SDXC - 64GB (and out of stock)

According to the item description it is a microsd card which is also an SDXC. Is it not true that all 64gb cards and above are SDXC?

I want to be sure before I buy anything online, find out it doesn't work and am unable to return it.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    I did a quick search for an Australian provider had the following: SanDisk Mobile Ultra Micro SDXC - 64GB (and out of stock)

According to the item description it is a microsd card which is also an SDXC. Is it not true that all 64gb cards and above are SDXC?

I want to be sure before I buy anything online, find out it doesn't work and am unable to return it.
    Yes...any 64GB microSD card would be considered SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity) and work with your Transformer....but check the specs that it is at least Class 6 or higher - that rating means more than almost anything else.

I noticed most of the ones shown on that page were Class 4 cards...which could work as well...but you run the risk of performance hiccups for video and music playback in particular.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you.

The website doesn't show the class rating which is fustrating.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had a problem with a SDXC card not reading on their Transformer? If so what brand?

What kind of prices can I expect when getting a card of this size? 200 Aus Dollars seams a bit steep for a SD Card, new or not.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Thank you.

The website doesn't show the class rating which is fustrating.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had a problem with a SDXC card not reading on their Transformer? If so what brand?

What kind of prices can I expect when getting a card of this size? 200 Aus Dollars seams a bit steep for a SD Card, new or not.
    Just as a point of reference...

I have used Kingston, Patriot, and Sandisk microSD cards successfully....in 16GB and 32GB sizes to date - all were Class 6, except my most recent Patriot 32GB Class 10 card. No problems with any of those brands.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you.

I would like to hear from people that have used 64gb cards. Not willing to buy an expensive card to find out it is useless in my device.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i am using 500 gb HDD without problem

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    There are very few users who have ponied up the gold for the 64 GB cards. There are 1 or two who grabbed the regular SD card for the dock, but I do not know about anyone who got a microSD off hand. Much cheaper to grab three 32 GB cards and a case with a microSD holder than to grab a 64 GB card.

The bottom line, SDXC is officially NOT compatible with the TF because the SDXC specification requires the drive to be formatted to exFAT (extended Fat32) to utilize the larger capacity.

HOWEVER - If one formats the SDXC card for NTFS using any Windows Vista, Win 7 or Win 8 computer, the card will read fine in the TF whether it is SD or MicroSD.

Also, beware of ripoff cards from ebay even if they look legit. Be sure to buy a reputable brand from a reputable dealer with a good return policy in case it does not work for some reason.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links