Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Help Needed Updated to Leaked 3.1 then realised wrong SKU SOLVED

Hi Guys

Ok here it is and I know I only have myself to blame, but before I updated I took screen shots of 3.0.1 so I could compare the difference. I am from the UK and on 3.0.1 my SKU was "WW" I updated to 3.1 and noticed it was SKU "US" it says you can only update to the same sku but obviously not in this case as 3.1 is working fine. But I dont want to be stuck with the wrong SKU.
    I've downloaded the 3.0.1 firmware files from asus with my correct WW SKU but it wont let me downgrade is this because you just can't downgrade or is it SKU related, I was wondering if there's a workaround or will I have to wait until the update after 3.1 and try downloading the correct SKU Firmware then.
    I've tried the way Asus recommend updating where you put the Asus folder on the root of your MicroSD then put the card in and click the notification, but the notification dose not appear. I've also tried putting the zip on the root and pressing power and volume down, the vol up but I just get the exclamation mark.

Ok I've tried downgrading to the US version of 3.0.1 put the asus file on the card put it in and the notification was there so it only recoginzed the us update/downgrade file

So It seems to be SKU related Please help!!

Any input would be much appreciated Gav
    Last edited by gavla; 05-31-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: further info

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK So I was panicking there for a moment but managed to get back to 3.0.1 with the correct SKU
    If anyone has the same problem here is the process I used
    Downloaded from asus the correct WW firmware extracted the first zip until I got to the second one named "WW_epad-user-8.2.3.13.zip" and renamed it to the same as the 3.1 update file "EP101_SDUPDATE" and put it on the root of my microSD. Turned it off then turned on whilst holding vol- button then pressed vol+ and 5mins later job done.
    The only problem is I keep getting a error msg saying "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Force close"

All I can do is hope that the official 3.1 fixes this when it arrives.

And YES lesson learnt I'm waiting for official updates from now on

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Gave I'm not sure but you may have to do a factory reset and maybe it will take it back to 3.0.1. I would delete the 3.1 download file off the micro SD card first so that it doesn't try to reinstall it again. If you do the factory reset just be aware that it will wipe everything off your device so make sure that all your apps and data are backed up first. Good luck.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Well done, phew!!! In my rush to get 3.1 I almost did the same and then remembered this whole US/WW SKU thing.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Disregard my post above as we were both typing at the same time. Glad you got it fixed!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks Guys but getting a hell of a lot of error messages from apps crashing left right and centre from email to background tasks Hope OFFICIAL 3.1 sorts this or I suppose I could try a reset getting good at those this would be the 5th I guess it's a learning curve you done learn if u dont play

Thanks again Guys

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If anyone else has this issue its fully resolved now back on 3.0.1 with correct SKU and able to update to official FOTA 3.1 update.
    After the above process the tablet was booting but crashing all over the place so I did a wipe before the linux cold boot, using the power and volume buttons and when it came back on all better. Hope this helps if anyone finds themselves in the same predicament.
    To do the wipe power off, press and hold power and volume down until you see text on the screen, wait 5 seconds then press volume up and it wipes and reinstalls comes back all shiny and new.
    All the best everyone Gav

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links