Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just got the Transformer + Dock. Battery drain issue? Have read other threads

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Just got the Transformer + Dock. Battery drain issue? Have read other threads

Hi guys,

Just got the Asus transformer and dock from Costco here in Melbourne, Australia.

I have had it for around a day or two now, and one thing that I did notice is that when the tablet is docked the battery level of the dock goes down a lot while in standby mode.

I have got the latest firmware installed, and i have checked the option to save battery power on the dock by disabling the wakeup feature. I have tested it and it works, it will not wake up if i press any keys on the keyboard, so apparently my dock is 'not faulty' according to the other main info. thread on this topic.

So if it is not faulty, do you guys know why it would still be happening? Does anyone know how long the turnaround time is to get it repaired by Asus in Australia?

Thanks a lot guys,

I hope i have posted in the right section!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey mate,

go get the dual battery widget, there you can see how your battery drains in a graph. in standby, the graph should not go down (horizontal line).
    If the grph goes downwards over night or so, try rebooting it. It is a bit of an issue, but most of the times a simple reboot helps. Havent had drain in a week.

cheers,
    jan

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mrumm49; 10-20-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: off color language

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Jan,

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have that widget already (which is the only reason I actually noticed the problem). I have only had it enough to charge it fully once, so the battery is not at peak performance yet (needs a few cycles) but I will reboot it and see what that might give!

Thanks!

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Yeah, the hardware that suck up the most battery is your wifi. Go into wifi settings and tell it to turn off when the tablet is asleep.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I will go and do tis now, but I was p until now manually urning off the WIFI when the tablet was going to sleep. Will see if that fixes.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just cheked, and that option had already been enabled. I will reboot the tab when I am home, that may fix it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    krzysiek, before you close the top or however you put it to sleep, put in airplane mode and see if that helps. This way, if you have left on wifi, or bluetooth, or gps, the radios will be shut down by airplane mode. If you still have a problem, do a hard reset with the dock connected.

hard reset procedure
    Hard Reset:- if you have a dock, be sure to connect before hard resetting!

Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go at the same time.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android".

Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

If this doesn't fix it, let us know and we'll have more recommendations for you. I had a battery problem with my dock, but had it all the way- wake and drain. You don't have the wake problem. Good luck and enjoy your TF. We'll try to get you fixed up!
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Ok, here's he deal. There is a bug in the stock kernel that most people aren't aware of. The number one reason why android drain battery more than iOS is that certain system apps continue to run while the tablet is asleep. This prevents the tablet from going into deep sleep.

For now, just learn to live with it. The only way to solve this problem is if you install a custom rom and use clemsyn's kernel. Clemsyn's kernel will allow your tablet to really go into deep sleep when it's been idle for a while.

So, you got 2 choices.

(1) Learn to live with the battery drain issue. This is a kernel issue. Nothing anyone can do while you're still on stock kernel.

(2) Flash in a custom rom and a custom kernel. I highly suggest revolver rom + clemsyn kernel.
    jnes likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    I disagree. I haven't heard of a battery drain as being normal on stock rom. If the battery is draining, there is a reason for it- not just the stock kernel.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    23 times
    Checked the options. Interesting. I thought these things were supposed to turn off when the screen powers down and re-login every 15 minutes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links