Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sent my Asus Transformer for repair...

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Sent my Asus Transformer for repair...

So I sent them an email stating that the left side of the TF near the volume and power was creaking and you could you push the screen down with little effort while holding it.

I received the reply from them:

Dear ASUS Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS customer support. I am sorry to hear that you are facing difficulties with your ASUS Eee Pad Transformer.

It would appear that your unit requires service.
    To arrange a repair, please go to http://uk.asus.com/rma and submit the appropriate form. All the terms and conditions are explained on the same web site. Please enclose a copy of your invoice/receipt with your unit when it is collected.

Kind regards,
    So I done that and I phoned them up about me not having a receipt since I traded this for an Ipad2 and the lady was nice enough and checked that the warranty should still be intact since it was only produced in May. Plus also the seller was banned on the forum where I traded with and not responding in helping me.

However, reading about Asus repair care I'm now worried they're going to place the blame on me saying I was holding it too tight or something like that. Am I'm stupid in thinking that because as a student I'm really scaried that the possibility exists even though I looked after it 100% carefully.

Thanks

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Also I didn't pay for shipping, UPS picked it up so will I get charged later for it?.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Even though there have been a few horror stories posted on this forum, the majority of us who have RMA'd our TF's have had good service with our issues fixed when returned. The creaking problem is a known issue at least on our forum here. Asus should know about the creaking issue and shouldn't blame you. Keep the forum informed on how everything turns out with the repair. We always want to know the results whether good or bad. (And hopefully yours will be good!!)

Unlike the USA, I believe your shipping in the UK to and back is free.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I actually miss my TF

I give it alot of grief but its a pretty dandy machine and one thing I'm worried about was the repair service after hearing the horror stories.

Glad to hear about the creaking issue, I been looking after it really carefully but I was gutted about the quality.
    Last edited by tofu; 10-13-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    ASUS After-sale Repair Status Route is as below:
    Product Received > (Waiting) > Repairing > Final Testing > Packing > Ready for Shipping > Repair Finished

RMA Status, so no charges?.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I sent mine back to the same repair center with same issue and they sent it back to me in the same condition. Just a little service note attached saying "tested OK" I hope you get yours fixed.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by legacydan View Post
    I sent mine back to the same repair center with same issue and they sent it back to me in the same condition. Just a little service note attached saying "tested OK" I hope you get yours fixed.
    Really so they didn't fix it at all?.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    Really so they didn't fix it at all?.
    From his post it sounds like Asus didn't fix the creak in his. I hope Asus repair isn't considering a loose, creaking tablet as okay (maybe they are). I've had mine for almost 5 months and it has been very solid no creaks anywhere. Tofu, keep us posted if your creak gets fixed. I'm really curious if they are deeming creaking units as passable.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I had to send mine back because the keyboard wasn't working; typing on it wouldn't input to the main tablet. They sent it back to me without repairing it - twice. The second time they did it they also scratched it.

When I complained to the UK service manager, I was sent an email full of legalese jargon about what their "legal obligation" was under UK consumer law, which I confess I was really disappointed with as, if they are only interested in meeting their legal obligation, that implies they have very little concern about customer service.

For a product like this I would expect a much higher level of care. I understand why people love their TF, it is a cracking piece of kit. But only when it works. That is not exactly a "high expectation".

If you want your customers to like you, sell them an excellent product.
    If you want your customers to love you, when they have a problem with the product they like, you deal with it fast and go beyond the call of duty.
    If you want your customers to be disappointed and to tell everyone about it, sell them an expensive and great piece of kit and then, when they have a problem, fail to deal with it, damage it further and deal with any complaints by quoting the law as to why you are not making more of an effort.

Apparently the company mission statement is : become number 1 in service

How ironic.
    Monet likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Creaking isn't acceptable at all, its a manufacturing fault which they should acknowledge. As an engineering student it remains that if they allow this to pass while yet others have not the same issue is simply horrible service and care. No matter what has been said about Apple I had never had an issue getting a replacement in one of the worst cases imagined i.e dropped ipad replaced with a new one. So if Asus fails to repair this then I'm not sure where to proceed to next, I don't have the time or money to send it again and wait for them to sort the issue out?.

Any help if 'the' times come?.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links