Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi - bought the keyboard and tablet last week and a tad fed up with this paste problem. My chief reason for getting thi was because I already had an HTC phone on android and I wanted to write poetry and upload to allpoetry and use the tablet on stage. I am typing and it is like playing ghosts - the cursor does it's own thing and floats off into the distant and as to not being able to copy a polaris document and then paste it into allpoetry or onto an FB note --- this is driving me batty!!! SO .... are any of the non stock browsers any better? When it errors it says it is about the web browser security . I think it is a cute toy bu t i need to get it to work or the hubby will smell a rat...... nice to meet you all, by the by Lx *smiles*

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Welcome to the forum! The consensus around here is that DophinHD (I use Dolphin Tablet) and Opera are the best browsers for the Transformer (TF). You might want to give them a try and see if that helps the problem. If not, come back and we'll send the Rescue Squad to your aid.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Speaking of the Rescue Squad....

Welcome to the forum!

I have given up on Polaris. Sometimes it will corrupt files that you save and they are NOT recoverable. A few members have gotten bitten by this. I have the following office suites installed:

Kingsoft Office - Free reader, full version key is $0.99 USD.
    OfficeSuite Pro - Free Trial, $10 USD.
    QuickOffice Pro HD - $15 USD
    Documents 2 Go - $15 USD

Both QuickOffice and Kingsoft are tablet optimized and have more buttons on the screen. The other two tend to have more of the menus and buttons buried, more like you would want on a phone. I believe all of these support CTRL X, C and V for Cut, Copy and Paste.

For the money, Kingsoft is a no-brainer.

As far as your cursor having a mind of its own, this is not the cursor, this is something that I also have. It is called "Wild Thumb Syndrome" and your thumbs are touching the touchpad. Try as you may, it is hard to stop. The fix - top row of buttons, 4th from the left is a touchpad toggle button. Give this a tap and your touchpad is off, nor more jumping cursor.

I loathe the stock browser. I use either Dolphin HD, Dolphin for Pad or Opera Mobile. I jump around between these three. Opera Mobile is the best IMO for heavy text input as it has zero input lag. Be sure to set the Zoom in the settings to 100% or you may have some text disappear when you click out of the text box.

Cheers

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello thank you for your swift welcomes and info. I just installed Opera mobile which seems better than the supplied browser but i guess my allpoetry site and the notes box on fb cant cope with the android (seems ok on my HTC desire though) because even with Opera it is difficult to type into the boxes. Another strange phenomana i have spotted is that i can copy and paste within each app but the clip board material will not paste across apps eg if i copy in polaris it pastes ok inside polaris , ditto for Opera but if i take something i copied in polaris it is not available o thne clipboard forOpera .. So like Alice in Wonderland - ecept i bought this as a replace al tool not as amystery tour!!!!! I will look into other document editors because Polaris does not seem to work, Presumably it was specially written for Asus?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Dolphin Browser HD and Kingsoft Office are my preferred choice for browsers and office suites.

Pasting between apps... I have noticed this too, but I am 1% sure I do sometimes manage to copy text between apps, such as URL from a word doc into Dolphin browser... but the other 99% isn't that sure.

Gonna try it now

EDIT - Yep, I can copy something in Kingsoft Office and Paste it into Dolphin Browser
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Polaris is limited. Also, be sure to update your tablet firmware as there were some early copy and paste issues with Polaris that were resolved with later versions.

Go to Settings - About - Check for update.

If there is one it will show in the notification area by the clock in the lower right hand corner.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    right time to call it quits for now, There was a firmware upgrade which i have done. You've all been incredibly helpful, thank you. not sure how i will remember to check for updates via the settings about an then down the bottom rh corner but hohum ,, i imagine it will become as easy as the ATHEns system i administer . Could do with a hierarchical set of notes on the ASUS sit maybe - or better still something mindmapped to keep up with the changes that can grow organicaly! Cetain that i will be back --- thank yu again. *smiles broadly*. i wonder if installing graffiti has caused a few text probs ......

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    I had a problem logging into this forum on the tablet with one of the keyboards in the earlier days. Drove me nuts. Wicked suggested changing my input method and it worked. Once I changed to a different one, the problem disappeared. Anyone try this fix for the gmail problem?
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I have tried 5 different keyboards, and they all do the same thing in GMaill webmail.

Best option is to set up the GMail or Email app on the Transformer.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links