Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

poor build quality

usually i am not one to complain.... i love my transformer, i use it everywhere, and i hate when people make posts to bitch about the small percentage of poorly built transformers. sadly, i have to be a hypocrite.

i have had two build issues with my transformer... one on my dock, and one on my tab. on the dock: the metal at the charging port warped down and bent out of place. on the tab: on the left side speaker grill, the metal became a bump and warped out.

i guess im posting for two reasons...

for one, i gotta ask: is it possible that the arizona heat is causing the metal on the transformer to weaken and warp? i havnt had these issues until i moved out here, and ive dropped my transformer a fair number of times with no scratches or dents.

second... a warning. BE CAREFUL!!! these things are pretty fragile, and its not fun to have a warped tab! i used a few light taps on a hammer to fix it, but its not perfect... looks warped and scratched, even though its not bumpy anymore. def not perfect. so please, BE CAREFUL!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I treat mine like I would any other laptop. I haven't dropped it, nor do I intend to. As to heat warping, I live the Philippines where its always hot and none of my gadgets are getting warped.

Then again I guess its all relative what we mean by careful if you're the type who drops things "a fair number of times" and uses a hammer to fix his gadgets.

That said, I highly suggest you wait for Panasonic's tablet which is based on their toughbook line.
    Last edited by lorsban; 09-28-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eeisner View Post
    usually i am not one to complain.... i love my transformer, i use it everywhere, and i hate when people make posts to bitch about the small percentage of poorly built transformers. sadly, i have to be a hypocrite.

i have had two build issues with my transformer... one on my dock, and one on my tab. on the dock: the metal at the charging port warped down and bent out of place. on the tab: on the left side speaker grill, the metal became a bump and warped out.

i guess im posting for two reasons...

for one, i gotta ask: is it possible that the arizona heat is causing the metal on the transformer to weaken and warp? i havnt had these issues until i moved out here, and ive dropped my transformer a fair number of times with no scratches or dents.

second... a warning. BE CAREFUL!!! these things are pretty fragile, and its not fun to have a warped tab! i used a few light taps on a hammer to fix it, but its not perfect... looks warped and scratched, even though its not bumpy anymore. def not perfect. so please, BE CAREFUL!
    I don't think Arizona is any warmer then Thailand and I don't have any of the symptoms that you describe. Perhaps your not docking the TF correctly and bent the locking tab. I'm sure dropping the TF has something to do with your other issues.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    im saying i dropped the transformer in the past and nothing at all has happened. and i treat my transformer better than any other gadget... leave it in my backpack and gently put that down, never drop it anymore... i dont know. never had any issues until now. i tried using my hands to push it back, but im not strong enough. so yes, i had to lightly tap a hammer on the warps to bring it back. im in a dorm with no other options haha. it still works perfectly and i love the damn thing, but im a little upset that it warped like this. idk... maybe i need a sleeve case for it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links