Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    135 times

Battery drain when off

How much should the Transformer be discharging when it is turned off, but connected to the dock? I have a B70 dock, so it shouldn't have the battery drain issue....yet I've noticed that the dock *seems* to discharge about 5% every 24 hours.

Is that normal?

PAB5204

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    Do you mean off as in powered off (long press power button on tablet, confirm shutdown) or do you mean sleeping (short press, or folding close the tablet when docked)?

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    135 times
    I mean off as in powered off. When I'm not using it, I usually shut the tablet off....you know....hold power button for several seconds, then it pops up a box saying to click "OK" if you want to turn off the tablet, or Cancel. I click OK, and it shuts off.

When I'm not using it, that's how I have it. That's when I'm getting about 5% drain every 24 hours.

PAB5204

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    OK, just wanted to get that one out of the way. 5% per day due to self discharge does seem rather excessive, but I have not monitored mine so can't provide any useful data for comparison. I'll check and report back, if someone else doesn't do it first.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have the same issue. Even when docked, when my Transformer is off, the Transformer battery drains 11% within 12 hours while the keyboard dock doesn't drain at all. Dock doesn't keep the Transformer charged either. I turn airplane mode on before turning the Transformer off just in case some wi-fi thing is doing the draining. I removed some widgets that I thought might be constantly trying to update. Still have a drain while off.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same issue here (with B70 dock)

The tablet battery drains about 10% witthin 9-10 hours (connected to the dock and power off)

P20110909122207.jpg

(two long lines in the image)
    Last edited by lord_neno; 09-27-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_oat67 View Post
    I have the same issue. Even when docked, when my Transformer is off, the Transformer battery drains 11% within 12 hours while the keyboard dock doesn't drain at all. Dock doesn't keep the Transformer charged either. I turn airplane mode on before turning the Transformer off just in case some wi-fi thing is doing the draining. I removed some widgets that I thought might be constantly trying to update. Still have a drain while off.
    By any chance is there any SD card or something similar in the keyboard dock - I am not talking about SDMicro in the PAD but the SD card in the dock?

Also wondering whether SDMicro card in the Tablet has any effect.

These devices if are supplied with power even when the device is supposed to be off may be why there is so much loss of power?
    VLBaindoor

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have this problem without microSD or SD card.

I think that the issue doesn´t affect the dock.

performed the following tests:

• Dock 50% / tablet al 85%... then turn off 10 hours and at morning-> tablet 86% and dock 30%
    • Dock 69% /tablet 99%... -> at morning dock 69%, tablet 89% (the dock have the same batt. because the tablet had more than 96% before switching it off )

seems that the tablet batt. is discharged during the night for some strange reason, if the battery has less than 96% while it is on, and you turn off the tablet, then the dock starts charging, but the tablet continues draining

I think that the problem is some kind of app or android service because I seen similar cases in other android smartphones. I have to try if doing full wipe and doing a hard reset the problem is solved (But I'm too lazy )

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_neno View Post
    I have this problem without microSD or SD card.
    I think that the issue doesn´t affect the dock.
    performed the following tests:
    • Dock 50% / tablet al 85%... then turn off 10 hours and at morning-> tablet 86% and dock 30%
    • Dock 69% /tablet 99%... -> at morning dock 69%, tablet 89% (the dock have the same batt. because the tablet had more than 96% before switching it off )

seems that the tablet batt. is discharged during the night for some strange reason, if the battery has less than 96% while it is on, and you turn off the tablet, then the dock starts charging, but the tablet continues draining
    I think that the problem is some kind of app or android service because I seen similar cases in other android smartphones. I have to try if doing full wipe and doing a hard reset the problem is solved (But I'm too lazy )
    Good observation.

I have another device which uses Embedded Linux in another form - my TomTom SatNav.
    This device even when I shut it down is said to be actually going into a deep sleep rather than actually shutting down fully - so consequently it drains battery if left 'switched off' in this manner. This is because the developers thought that if they completely shutdown the device, when the user wants to switch it on again, it would take a long time to become fully available so they put it into deep sleep rather than shutdown fully. I wonder if TF designers also had the same idea.
    VLBaindoor

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Could be that, but The issue is that it seems that not all TF have this battery drains. I think it's some about one app or service related with the dock that causes this drains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links