Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Dead keyboard, screen unresponsive

Got the Transformer on the 26th May. Plugged in keyboard and screen would not respond to touch. Had to unplug and hold power key down and do multiple restarts to get touch back. Whenever I plug in keyboard now the same thing happens, no touch response and no keyboard response and a struggle to restart to get touch back. Anyone else having a problem like this?
    Apart from that when the screen is working I think it is great - but can't make a judgement on the keyboard since all keys seem dead.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought mine 5 days ago. Today the screen was unresponsive only the power button seemed to work. I shut it down 3-4 times then put it on charge which then worked. Hopeful the update will fix this issue.

P.s I got very worried

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernew View Post
    Got the Transformer on the 26th May. Plugged in keyboard and screen would not respond to touch. Had to unplug and hold power key down and do multiple restarts to get touch back. Whenever I plug in keyboard now the same thing happens, no touch response and no keyboard response and a struggle to restart to get touch back. Anyone else having a problem like this?
    Apart from that when the screen is working I think it is great - but can't make a judgement on the keyboard since all keys seem dead.
    I would make sure that the Transformer is seated properly into the keyboard. You will know if the release lever slides ALL the way to the right.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire View Post
    I bought mine 5 days ago. Today the screen was unresponsive only the power button seemed to work. I shut it down 3-4 times then put it on charge which then worked. Hopeful the update will fix this issue.

P.s I got very worried
    Try a hard reset to see if that wakes the screen up. Press and hold both the power button and the down volumn button for 12-15 seconds and release them both.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. Did that reset with the vol down button and got the screen back, it has behaved for 24h now [keyboard not connected during reset]. However when the keyboard is plugged in even though it recognises it is there and I can access the USB ports on the keyboard, none of the keys do anything. I'm thinking of doing the reset with the keyboard plugged in to see if that brings it back but worried about losing the screen.... Shouldn't be like this Asus, hope you are reading these.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Good news on the screen. I'm curious as to what firmware you have? The current is 8.2.3.13 so make sure you're up to date.
    Current Devices:

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Good news on the screen. I'm curious as to what firmware you have? The current is 8.2.3.13 so make sure you're up to date.
    Thanks - I have checked and it is 8.2.3.9 so needs updating - I'm concerned about doing that though - does anyone have any experience of this and does it work ok? Have a fear of killing the tablet completely. Is there a link to how to do it - I could not find that on the ASUS support site.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernew View Post
    Thanks - I have checked and it is 8.2.3.9 so needs updating - I'm concerned about doing that though - does anyone have any experience of this and does it work ok? Have a fear of killing the tablet completely. Is there a link to how to do it - I could not find that on the ASUS support site.
    Click on settings, about tablet, system update and it should tell you there is an update for you. I suggest having your dock plugged in for this. Tomorrow we are supposed to get OS 3.1 which is a different update so you may or may not need the update I am suggesting you to get. The update I am suggesting for you is only for helping with the keyboard dock issues.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Try a hard reset to see if that wakes the screen up. Press and hold both the power button and the down volumn button for 12-15 seconds and release them both.
    I tried the hard reset today but still nothing, then shut it down a few times which worked so dont know what the problem is. Im thinking of getting into contact with aceror take it back for another one

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Im having the same problems here. The screen is very temperamental. Not acceptable. I have to reset every 10 mins to wake the sodding screen up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links