Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

TF wireless output to TV?

I have a Toshiba regza TV connected to the same router my TF uses for its wifi, is it possible to get my TF screen to output on the TV screen wireless over wifi.

Thanks for any help.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1547 times
    I'd say no. You could do it with the HDMI but that is probably your only option.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    I have played around with a DLNA player, and from the MyNet application you can output pictures, music and movies to the DLNA device to display on the TV, but there is not a way to mirror the entire display that I am aware of other than getting an HDMI cable and plugging it in. But that is not wireless.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have been looking for something similar and wonder whether this LG Smart TV Upgrader Box (ST600) : Media Streaming - Best Buy Canada will do the job.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yah well, I've had the same nice idea... Wouldn't it be nice to see what's on my TF on the big screen I've just purchased and that has WIFI already installed in it? It seems to me we're witnessing yet an other "update your stuff to the new technology $$$"... The way I understand it (tell me if I'm wrong), wifi isn't fast enough to stream wirelessly the data from a tf to a HDTV. This is why this HDMI came on "new" HDTV's without the "uneducated" understanding what the hell it was at the time. The only thing I've found so far is called "wireless hdmi". a few companies are making them but you end up with that box hooked to your "portable device", making it less portable in the $200 scopes. Here's an interesting article I've found:
    HP Wireless TV Connect Streams Video To Your HDMI Laptop | TechCrunch
    Other links to the actual things...
    HP Notebook Accessories - HP Wireless HDTV Connect Kit
    Search Results for Wireless HDMI at TigerDirect.ca
    The optimum option to me is more like... Yep, you get a 15ft HDMI cable for $15 or less , cause wireless HDMI isn't on the Transformer device at least not this version... Too bad!
    Last edited by patkayak; 09-25-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: removed bad word...

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by patkayak View Post
    Yah well, I've had the same nice idea... Wouldn't it be nice to see what's on my TF on the big screen I've just purchased and that has WIFI already installed in it? It seems to me we're witnessing yet an other "update your **** to the new technology $$$"... The way I understand it (tell me if I'm wrong), wifi isn't fast enough to stream wirelessly the data from a tf to a HDTV. This is why this HDMI came on "new" HDTV's without the "uneducated" understanding what the hell it was at the time. The only thing I've found so far is called "wireless hdmi". a few companies are making them but you end up with that box hooked to your "portable device", making it less portable in the $200 scopes. Here's an interesting article I've found:
    HP Wireless TV Connect Streams Video To Your HDMI Laptop | TechCrunch
    Other links to the actual things...
    HP Notebook Accessories - HP Wireless HDTV Connect Kit
    Search Results for Wireless HDMI at TigerDirect.ca
    The optimum option to me is more like... Yep, you get a 15 HDMI cable for $15 or less , cause wireless HDMI isn't on the Transformer device at least not this version... Too bad!
    Welcome to the Forum. First I want to remind you of the Forum rules. We will not tolerate the use of foul language.

As for streaming to a Smart TV. the TF certainly is powerful enough to do so.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Jeffrey for the forum rule reminder, well noted. As for the streaming potential of the TF, I don't question its power but its ability to send wirelessly a signal that would mirror the tablets interface to a HDTV without the use of a third party device. If you come across an app or configuration that can solve this, I'm sure you'll get tons of thanks from this whole community!

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    In theory wifi mirroring should be possible. If 720p video can be sent to a TV using DLNA then there is enough bandwidth for the entire screen of the Transformer. Of course there has to be software to transmit the screen image as video over DLNA, and I haven't seen it either. Might slow down reaction time during mirroring over WiFi, but the next Transformer (Tegra 3) should have enough overhead to keep you from noticing.

From another view though, I have both a smart TV (LG) and the Logitech Google TV on another TV. I don't really see why I need an android UI up there too. Both can browse the web or check Facebook or my email. The Logitech box is supposed to get a honeycomb update eventually.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

technology there but not built in to any devices yet

Quote Originally Posted by molko View Post
    I have a Toshiba regza TV connected to the same router my TF uses for its wifi, is it possible to get my TF screen to output on the TV screen wireless over wifi.

Thanks for any help.
    Go to amazon.com they sell a transmitter/receiver pair to do what you want.
    Don't confuse movie/music streaming which is readily available in many devices over wifi with HDMI mirroring. I'm not aware of any TV,Home theater box,bluray player or computing device that has an hdmi transmitter or receiverbuilt-in. But I can see it coming.

Ads